Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'm small

hey,

i'm a small girl,so i feel the "do" is big to me.i cannot use my arm freely.
    do u have any good idea?
    thx a lot

Yes. Get a smaller do.

Comment

LLOOLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yowai was rude about it, but he is right: really there is no reason to suffer through too-large equipment. Doh are made in all sizes, I'm sure you can find something to fit (unless you are stuck with club equipment due to financial reasons).

Comment

Originally posted by jasmine
          hey,

do u have any good idea?
          thx a lot
          Since you cannot use your arms freely, it sounds like it is too tall on the sides, maybe not too wide. But what you could do for now, if you can't get a smaller do, is probably just tie the do a bit lower, so it is out of your arms way. That is what this kid at another dojo does, although it looks kind of goofy, he just does that naturally, since his do is too tall. Try it out, I hope this helps somehow.

Comment

hey,

do u have any good idea?
            thx a lot
            If you are having any prob with your "do" have you asked your Sensei His/her advice it will not be the first time this prob will have come up Jasmine and we dont bite.
            John

Comment

Originally posted by Yzakj
              Since you cannot use your arms freely, it sounds like it is too tall on the sides, maybe not too wide. But what you could do for now, if you can't get a smaller do, is probably just tie the do a bit lower, so it is out of your arms way. That is what this kid at another dojo does, although it looks kind of goofy, he just does that naturally, since his do is too tall. Try it out, I hope this helps somehow.

thx a lot.I'll take ur advice.

Comment

Look on the bright side, Jasmine. Men nuki doh! You will be able to get right under the guard of taller persons and slash them across the belly!

Comment

how come is it, that im quite short, and im always suffering from doh-weakness-syndrome? doh is the only weakness i have... im good at blocking men/kote, good at attacking, but just completely useless at blocking... never quick enough, i always block after the person has made contact...

Comment

Originally posted by mystic_kendoka
                    how come is it, that im quite short, and im always suffering from doh-weakness-syndrome? doh is the only weakness i have... im good at blocking men/kote, good at attacking, but just completely useless at blocking... never quick enough, i always block after the person has made contact...
                    you only have doing kendo for three months, don't expect to be super good at blocking do, or anything else.

Comment

i dont mean to say im good at blocking men or kote, i mean that i am able to do it, i have never blocked doh succesfully...

Comment

hey,

do u have any good idea?
                        thx a lot
                        Ask your sensei.

Comment

Originally posted by mystic_kendoka
                          i have never blocked doh succesfully...
                          I know that problem quite well! I'm nearly 2 metres tall so my do is a good target . Blocking do-uchi is a hard thing. It needs more speed and accuracy to block a do-uchi than men-/kote-uchi and it needs much experience to interpret your opponents movements the right way.
                          Speed, accuracy and experience grow by continual training so don't worry about that!

Comment

"doh is the only weakness i have... im good at blocking men/kote, good at attacking, but just completely useless at blocking"

Your doh gets hit because you're blocking. Don't block, attack!

Jakob

Comment

Working...
                            X