X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hakama to big

I have been struggling to feel comfortable and to look right in my Hakama. I thought it might be as it was new and still quite stiff. Over the weekend I washed the whole outfit again and then spent some time trying to get my fitting right.

I am sure it is to big for me.. maybe by one size. I will talk to the people at the Dojo that sold it to me tomorrow night at Kendo but am not sure if I will get them to replace it after I have already used it.

My question is, is there any way to alter the hakama to fit a little better. The length will not be a problem to turn up an inch or so, the problem is on the side. I am not sure what you call the opening, but when I have done the himo up (front and back) the opening in is closed up. I then adjust as best I can, but the back of the opening sticks out like a air brake.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

that doesnt matter.. but it does help if you fix the back plate bit under your tare himos...

Comment

Originally posted by Ross
      I have been struggling to feel comfortable and to look right in my Hakama. I thought it might be as it was new and still quite stiff. Over the weekend I washed the whole outfit again and then spent some time trying to get my fitting right.

I am sure it is to big for me.. maybe by one size. I will talk to the people at the Dojo that sold it to me tomorrow night at Kendo but am not sure if I will get them to replace it after I have already used it.

My question is, is there any way to alter the hakama to fit a little better. The length will not be a problem to turn up an inch or so, the problem is on the side. I am not sure what you call the opening, but when I have done the himo up (front and back) the opening in is closed up. I then adjust as best I can, but the back of the opening sticks out like a air brake.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
      Talk to your sensei about it. Maybe you got a size too big.

Comment

Working...
      X