Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samshin

Hi to everybody,

could anyone of you help me on contacting korean bogu shop Samshin ?
    Do you have an e-mail address of Samshin?
    Have you bought something from them in the past?

Thank you very much in advance for your help

Originally posted by dhamma
    Hi to everybody,

could anyone of you help me on contacting korean bogu shop Samshin ?
    Do you have an e-mail address of Samshin?
    Have you bought something from them in the past?

Thank you very much in advance for your help
    www.walmart.com

Comment

Samsin...if you meant Korean bogu shop Samsin I've got their address and phone number.
      Samsin Tong Sang
      228-3 Sin dang 1dong, Joong gu, Seoul 02-222524546
      I'm looking for a nice Korean hand stitched bogu set for myself. I'm a biginner in this art of buying bogu area but did bit of research. If you are thinking about buying Korean bogu...here is something I'd like to share.
      I saw many cheap..so called Japanese material, Korean handmade bogu set everywhere One I found was 1.5 handmade (dularumin men and plastic 50 bamboo looking do) and the price was only w 760.000 (korean won not sure about euro...may be less than US$1.000) but I heard a rumor that some of them are not even genuine Japanese material. The materials are imported from China to Japan, and shipped to Korea as Japanes made. But the sample image of Samsin's bogu set on the internet looked very good. I'm visiting Korea next month and planning to drop in Samsin to check out the bogu set. I can write you some review of their bogu if you are not really urgent with your equipment.
      Last edited by Taek; 11th February 2004, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Dear Taek,

thank you for your answer. I have a korean bogu set (2,5 mm machine stitched fron e-kendo) and I am quiet happy about it...not first class material but anyway good stuff for the price I paid. Now I have to change my do and I was thinking about Samshin since someone here in Italy told me that they are the best korean bogu producer and they usually produce also for japanese companies (would it be true???). Anyway let me know about your visit to Korea. Thank you again.

Comment

Originally posted by dhamma
          I was thinking about Samshin since someone here in Italy told me that they are the best korean bogu producer and they usually produce also for japanese companies (would it be true???).
          I have been told by other people that Sehyun is the best bogu manufacturer in Korea. It has been in the business longer than anyone else, since when kendo/kumdo still wasn't wildly popular as it is now in South Korea.

Of course, I know that logically, my 2 sentences have nothing to do with each. The claim does not necessarily follow the reason given. I am just repeating what I've been told. Perhaps some Korean kenshi's here can contribute.

Comment

Thank you for the information on Sehyun. Yes, I've been looking at their bogu and sending them email tonight. Sehyun claims the've been supplying over 70% of all bogus for kendo dojos listed under Korean Kumdo Association in Korea. I also found Pentogon supplies quality bogu althoug they are more expensive than Sehyun. As slidercrank said, I've heard there are a few bogu manufacturers in Korea including Sehyun and Pentagon supply very good quality bogu to Japan. I'm not sure about Samsin...but they must be good as I was also recommended Samsin by one of Korean university kendo club member.
            Just for a reference when you visit Korea in the future, I heard lots of famous bogu shops are located very close one and another at place called "Dong Dae Mun Un Dong Jang (means east gate sports stadium)".
            If you let me know what kind of do you want, I can ask them for you.
            Last edited by Taek; 11th February 2004, 11:55 PM.

Comment

You guys should also check out WooChang. Also near DongDaeMoon OonDongJang. www.kumdomall.com. I have couple sets (one hand-made one machine-made) from them. Very satisfied.

Comment

Working...
              X