Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e-kendo.com bogu

are the bogu from e-kendo.com good?
    they seem awfully low priced (e.g. 3mm bogu set - $360)...i'm guessing the quality might reflect on that...

I have a 2,5 mm machine stitched bogu from them (I paid 440 Us $ for it). I am quiet happy about it. Good materials, service is good enough...maybe not the highest quality stuff (anyway in line with other more famous korean suppliers) but definetely good considering the prices.

Comment

Most the guys in our Dojo use the e-kendo bogu and they seem very durable and of good quality.

Comment

Originally posted by DanDan
        are the bogu from e-kendo.com good?
        they seem awfully low priced (e.g. 3mm bogu set - $360)...i'm guessing the quality might reflect on that...
        You are right!
        What you pay is what you get!
        I bet you their bogu will not last 20...10 ... not even 5 yrs.

...also price reflects their service too.

ps.
        unless you want those metalic blue, glow in dark do or something, e-bogu is the only place to get hehehe

Comment

It seems like you can't specify your hand size their either... is that an oversight on the website design or just a problem? I'm not making an international phone call to find out, heh

Comment

From e-bogu? Its a good site...
            But my preference is buying the stuff in Taiwan, where its very cheap....
            If anyone would like to know the area, ill be happy to help.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirin
              You are right!
              What you pay is what you get!
              I bet you their bogu will not last 20...10 ... not even 5 yrs.

...also price reflects their service too.

ps.
              unless you want those metalic blue, glow in dark do or something, e-bogu is the only place to get hehehe
              I have a 2mm set from e-bogu and it is great. I have had it 3 years and other than some paint chips at the top of the men gane it is still like new. I would be suprised if this did not last atleast 10 years. Worth every penny i paid.

Comment

are bogu from kendoshop.com any better?

Comment

i recently purchased my Bogu from e-kendo.com and they seem pretty kewl. it's my first bogu so i didn't go all out. i haven't received it yet but the customer service was really great. i had a lot of questions and i got a lot of prompt e-mails. i'll keep you posted on fit/quality when i receive it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kendo ISB
                    From e-bogu? Its a good site...
                    But my preference is buying the stuff in Taiwan, where its very cheap....
                    If anyone would like to know the area, ill be happy to help.
                    I'm interested.
                    Do they have Iaido equipment too or are they limited to kendo?

Comment

go check it out.
                      www.e-kendo.com

Comment

i received my bogu today . barely 2 weeks after ordering it. i am still relatively new to kendo and have only had experience w/ club bogu but this thing seems like a piece of art. i bought a relatively cheap one due to the fact that it is my 1st set and i am financially independant adult with other responsibilities and such so a "top o' the line" set was out of the question. i found this site and was impressed by the options offered. the customer service was excellent and i even got an embroidery upgrade for free just for asking about it. great company, great shipping great prices. i'm very happy. Ureshii Saru!!!

Comment

I also recieved my bogu this week in just under 2 weeks from order and found the quality to be quite good. The workmanship is top notch and for the price its unbeatable. After comparing it to some e-bogu stuff that costs nearly twice as much as mine the differences were pretty much unnoticeable both cosmetically and protection wise. Not to mention customer service was excellent. The only thing i didn't like were the cheap himo's that came with it but for a savings of 100-200+ dollars i think i can afford to buy a good set of himo.

Comment

what exactly comes with it?
                            like are things like the tenugui and bogu bag included?

Comment

It came with a decent bogu bag, a tenegui, 7 chaku length himo, and do buttons.

Comment

Working...
                              X