X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miyako "TAMASHII": anyone has it?

Hi, long time lurker and first time poster here!

I am in the process of making a purchase of new bogu equipment, anyone has the bogu in title and can comment on it?

I've run a search but I found nothing...

Thank you very much!

Uhm, looks like nobody has it\has seen it....it was worth trying

Comment

You should PM D'Artagnan. He's the guy to ask questions about Miyako kendo equipment from.

Comment

I did, but in the meantime I wanted to see if there was someone actually using it for practice who could give me some more insight

Comment

Being that it's a new model and aimed at a very particular audience, I'm guessing few if any have been sold to KW members yet. Do you spend a lot of time as motodachi? I think you'd have to consider whether this set is right for you. Shoot Andy an email (you'll get him through the contact info at Miyako) and let him know your requirements - he can recommend a set for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Solar View Post
            I did, but in the meantime I wanted to see if there was someone actually using it for practice who could give me some more insight
            Hi Solar!

Thanks for your post about this Bogu set!

Unfortunately I didn't receive your PM... I'm not sure why that is... sorry about that.

Anyway, as Neil says the Tamashii is quite particular set, which is particularly developed for those who are looking for a little extra protection/padding, for example those who are often Motodachi, or practice with many beginners. Since the launch of the set, it has proved to be very popular, and the reviews of the Bogu itself are all very positive.

The wide stitching means that the Futon is particularly thick and padded, and it is built to take a lot of punishment. For this reason, however, it is somewhat heavier than some other sets, so if you are looking for something lightweight, then a different set might be a better choice.

If you send me an email to andy@kendo-bogu.com I can chat to you further about your exact specifications and we can decide if this is the right set for you, or another one

I hope that helps,

Thanks
            Andy

Comment

Originally posted by D'Artagnan View Post
              Unfortunately I didn't receive your PM... I'm not sure why that is... sorry about that.
              I'm sorry, I said PM but it was an email (from giuseppecatanesi@me.com)

Thanks for the answer

Comment

You might want to remove your email address from this thread. Unless you enjoy receiving spam all day long.

Comment

Working...
                X