Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miyako tezashi 2bu review

Here's the link hope it works..
    http://m.flickr.com/photos/14278713@...7629292501252/

2bu tezashi bogu with deerskin kawakazari and navy kazari ito and heavy scent of bacon and magic.

Men:
    Shorter jissengata men dare
    Straight kawakazari
    deerskin menchichigawa
    ibb dura pro mengane
    black men buchi

Do:
    synthetic do dai
    Konkawa do mune

Kote:
    Yoroigata

Tare:
    No much to say about it except it looks wicked.

So I've been wearing it for about a month now and it's completely broken in except for the tare. I have to say I absolutely love it. The men took a little time to break in. At first the monomi didn't exactly line up with my eyes and the uchiwa was loose around the lower half of my face and the too tight on the upper part of my face. But once I lowered the menchichigawa to the 3rd rung and made sure my himo knot was lined up, it fit perfectly. The kote basically were already broken in the first time I wore them. They protect well for normal keiko but you may need something more if you're taking repeated strikes from hard hitting beginners. That being said, I thought the exact same thing when I had my first kote. They were 5/2.5mm orizashi kote. But as the years went on, they started protecting better. I thought that maybe my wrist was just getting tougher but now I think it has something to with kote absorbing shock better with time. The do is fits perfect and is a little taller than my last one. The tare is still a little stiff but it definitely gets the job done. I did kote nuki men on my friend and his kensen rammed into my tare full blast and I didn't feel a thing. I can tell you if I had my old tare on I would have been on the ground crying for my mommy.
    Andy gives you the best customer service hands down. He was the only one who gave me the confidence to buy online. Andy takes the time to educate people about kendogu. I was able to be sized in person by Andy in the US long before I was ready to order the Bogu. He kept my measurements on file until I was ready. This is only the second set I ever had but I can't see how anyone can top the quality.

Of course link didn't work. Hopefully this one will..
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/1427871...7629292501252/

Comment

That is a total RBSO!

Comment

That's a nice looking set Bryan.

Comment

Lookin' good!

Comment

How much?$$$$

Comment

RBSO (sorry, I'm out here in the boondocks)?

Comment

Originally posted by Tort-Speed View Post
                RBSO (sorry, I'm out here in the boondocks)?

Rich
                Boy
                Show
                Off

Comment

Haha definitely RSBO but I have no doubt it will last many years. Just an observation, we just got a japanese kenshi join our club. He was restarting kendo after 20 years. He bought an e bogu 2mm machine stitch. After about 3 or 4 practices, the men buchi lacquer was already chipping off.

Comment

Originally posted by Kapplow View Post
                    So I've been wearing it for about a month now and it's completely broken in except for the tare.
                    Funny you should mention that.

Embarassingly enough, I've always thought my 1 bu tare was too stiff. Then, couple of months ago, I had it and just put in on the ground and stepped on the tare-obi and tare panels while rolling it.

Surprisingly, it is now broken in...I should have done that earlier. I guess breaking it in 12 years later ain't so bad?

If you don't mind the thought, I'd totally step on the tare-obi while folding it in various directions to break it in....

Comment

When you folded it, what direction was the crease? Did you fold it horizontal or vertical to the seam connecting the tare obi to the odare and kodare? Hope that makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Kapplow View Post
                        When you folded it, what direction was the crease? Did you fold it horizontal or vertical to the seam connecting the tare obi to the odare and kodare? Hope that makes sense.
                        Well, I didn't just do it on the seam connecting the tare obi to the odare and kodare...I folded the odare, kodare, and the tare-obi panels themselves.

But I "started" with horizontal rolls on the tare-obi, and ended up doing it in all 8 directions (bad joke on 8-direction cut, I know I know)....

Comment

Working...
                        X