X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I've seen this kind of device in the changing room of onsen for sanitizing combs (don't ask me what they do about hair oils... I keep my plumage cropped short and wouldn't use a reused public comb anyway). I can see kote fitting in these but not too sure about getting men in there.

Comment

Sorry about the double posts-this forum has been doing funny things recently and its hard to know if ones post has been published. Its not an advert so much as a recommendation as it really does work and isn't that what this forum is all about, tips and advice? The only problem with the Klenz is its a little small so getting a men into it is a struggle. I really wouldn't be without mine since its good for everything, doesn't involve wetting anything (so shrinkage and washing dyes out isn't an issue) and only takes 8 minutes per cycle. I saw it on Dragon's Den years ago and I believe some fitness clubs are thinking of installing them so people can 'de-stink' their trainers after using them for a workout. It seems the perfect, hi-tech solution to an ancient problem!

Comment

Comment

After cleaning the men and kote a small drop of patchouli oil on the inside will do the trick.

Comment

I just wipe my stuff down well and make sure to dry it out as much as possible after practice by leaving it with a fan blowing on my stuff overnight, and that seems to have kept the smell from appearing with my current bogu. (5 years and counting)

Comment

Welcome to Kendo.

Eagerly await the pain that comes with kakarigeiko. Relish not being able to pick yourself up off the floor after practice. Revel in the moment of panic where you're not sure you'll get your men off before you puke in the dead of summer.

Rejoice in the smell. Put it on before dates. It's part of kendo.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Gallagher
                  After cleaning the men and kote a small drop of patchouli oil on the inside will do the trick.
                  Oh my god man. Patchouli? Yes, it will get rid of the kendo smell, only to be replaced by the drum circle smell!
                  Last edited by Neil Gendzwill; 24th May 2012, 02:01 AM.

Comment

What is the drum circle smell?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Gallagher View Post
                      What is the drum circle smell?
                      The drum circle smell is that aroma emanating from a group of crusty hippy types all sitting around shambolically "playing" their drums. You can smell the patchouli from a mile away. I went to college where there tons of people who had an undying love for patchouli. Going to see bands play was almost unbearable due to that stench. Thankfully, the music culture changed in the area, and punk became the predominant genre. Much better. The shows only smelled like beer from that point on.

To this day, I can't stand the smell of patchouli because of all of this.

Man, I've waffled on enough about patchouli.

Ok, out.

Comment

Ok Scott, I gottcha. This is a problem when people put undiluted patchouli oil on their skin. It smells like bug spray to me when they do that. Patchouli oil on the skin must first be diluted with another carrier like almond oil or an unscented cream at a ratio of perhaps 10 or 12 to 1. This brings out the beautiful green scent and not the bug spray scent.
                        Putting an undiluted drop inside the men is ok because the men has different properties than human skin.
                        You have not smelled what is called the "good patchouli".

Comment

Working...
                        X