X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian stores?

Hi, I was just wondering is there a Canadian online store that sell quality kendo stuff? alot of the stuff online are from the states or shipped from Japan or Korea.. and the shipping and tax gets kinda expensive.

Jukado has some stuff at jukado.com. I don't know what their bogu is like I just order shinai and stuff like that from them. They are in Quebec.

Comment

There's Jukado as Dave's mentioned, but also check out Kim Taylor's site and the CKF for decent supplies. Kim's bokkens are of very good quality. In my (limited) experience, Jukado's ok if you're just starting out and need some low-quality stuff in a hurry, but for bogu you may be better off elsewhere. The US companies often find ways to keep shipping costs down, and I find them to be pretty reasonable if you can put together a decent-sized order ($150+ CDN). It wouldn't hurt to send an email before you place an order to find out what the rough total is going to be. Whatever your choice is, check with your sensei first as there may be a discount if you purchase through your dojo.

As you're in BC, it might be a good idea to check with Golden Arrow in Vancouver. I can't really comment on their quality of kendo equipment, but they do have bokken and shinai. It's worth calling them if you want something that's not in the catalogue. I picked up a tenugui awhile back from them while visiting and they seem like nice folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitsurugi_xx
        Hi, I was just wondering is there a Canadian online store that sell quality kendo stuff? alot of the stuff online are from the states or shipped from Japan or Korea.. and the shipping and tax gets kinda expensive.
        Canada doesn't have enough kendoka to support a kendo store. Neither do a lot of other countries. If you want quality stuff, you are best off going to a store from Korea or Japan.

Comment

Iron Monk

There's a fellow in Edmonton supplying Korean-sourced bogu. He offers pretty good value for money on the low end stuff, all the EKC people use his service. See http://www.ironmonk.com/

Comment

Maybe Ariga sensei should look at this post and start a branch of e-bogu in Canada?

Tim

Comment

awesome! thanks alot guys!

Comment

ya forget jukado

Comment

I live in montreal, canada

I ordered from e-mudo.com. They helped me to get everything what I needed for kendo. I am satisfied with their quality and price range. If you live in CANADA, I think there will be no problem to shop from e-mudo.com

http://www.e-mudo.com

Comment

Originally posted by jms2451
                    I ordered from e-mudo.com.
                    I find it interesting that every post you've made so far either plugs e-mudo, or criticises another supplier. I'd suggest that those considering ordering from e-mudo look for another reference, this guy is most likely a shill.

Comment

What's a shill?

I will give a shameless plug for Mori Budo-gu bogu. www.moribudo.co.jp
                      The service is not quick, Nobuo doesn't always respond to e-mails ASAP, kind of is expensive, but the bogu is very good.

Comment

A shill is someone who is a company employee or agent who misrepresents themselves as a satisfied customer. There's a difference between that and someone who is enthusiastic about a company. For example, I often plug Koei because I've been dealing with them for many years and I think they offer good value and service, but I have no financial interest in the company and I make no money for recommending them. I've also recommended ebogu, swordstore, sdksupplies and others.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Gendzwill
                          A shill is someone who is a company employee or agent who misrepresents themselves as a satisfied customer. There's a difference between that and someone who is enthusiastic about a company. For example, I often plug Koei because I've been dealing with them for many years and I think they offer good value and service, but I have no financial interest in the company and I make no money for recommending them. I've also recommended ebogu, swordstore, sdksupplies and others.
                          I have to agree on the Koei, acutally for the little extra cost in shipping vs the discount they give i'd seriously consider ordering from there vs local.

Comment

Originally posted by samurai999
                            Maybe Ariga sensei should look at this post and start a branch of e-bogu in Canada?

Tim
                            already asked him...no plans now.

Comment

Originally posted by litige
                              already asked him...no plans now.
                              dang... that's too bad... I ordered a shinai to test out the balance and durability before i decided if I wanted to commit to buying from ebogu... I was pleased with the shinai. But I had to pay quite a bit for the shipping... then i get taxed! oh man..

Comment

Working...
                              X