X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChibaBogu

Noticed on KW's front page that a new online bogu store, ChibaBogu.com, will be opening soon. It says on the website that its flagship product is the machine-sewn Mine bogu. Is there a link between that one and the Mine made by Mitsuboshi?

hmmm.. (pondering!)

possibly, I'd support evidence showing connections between Mitsuboshi and the new Chiba budogu company.(seeing as to how Mitsuboshi textile link is on their website) I suspect their quality should be quite good. Nevertheless, my favoriate will be "Moribudo". Do I hear a 2nd?

Comment

Hmm, well the 2004 Mitsuboshi Budougu catalog is chock full of rich-boy show-off goodies. Just lovely.

Comment

Mitsuboshi are the suppliers for Chiba Bogu. So it is the same bogu.

Comment

So desu ne.....thanks Alex!

Comment

The Mitsuboshi Mine bogu sold by Chiba Bogu is already being sold in the US by Eguchi as the Mitsuboshi Pitch bogu, Pitch being Eguchi's English translation of the Japanese word Mine. A bit puzzling of a translation, if you ask me.

Anyway, Chiba bogu's product explanation of the Mitsuboshi bogu is a lot better than Eguchi's, which reads like an advertisement for a witch potion. That is to say, a lot of promises without explanation.

Comment

The way that looks up close on eguchis website...i dont know about spending $2000 for it... I dont care how utilitarian it is designed to be...It really looks cheap...

Comment

hai,

Originally posted by cst
                The way that looks up close on eguchis website...i dont know about spending $2000 for it... I dont care how utilitarian it is designed to be...It really looks cheap...
                I 2nd Cst-san's opinion! But I've also noticed the men and doh looks pretty nice, it's the kote and the tare(especially the tare, goodness!) that doesn't look too impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Masahiro
                  I 2nd Cst-san's opinion! But I've also noticed the men and doh looks pretty nice, it's the kote and the tare(especially the tare, goodness!) that doesn't look too impressive.
                  Yes, it's a deterrent for rich-boy show-offs. I guess... 8 lines of embroidery on the tare is the minimum?

Comment

no, no no!

Originally posted by Hai_hai
                    Yes, it's a deterrent for rich-boy show-offs. I guess... 8 lines of embroidery on the tare is the minimum?
                    8 lines on the tare? hai hai that is so like 3 years ago. hello? do you keep up with the fashion trend in kendo? let me keep you up to date. the newest crave now is to look for the decoration on the mae-obi, such as how many shades of blue make up the decoration on your mae-obi,(yeap the more the better!) and if you really want to show off you can even have the tare himo laced with gold stiching. now that's "over-kill"!

>>WARNING: the above messege is intended only for joking purpose, please do not attempt this in your life time! Seriously discretion is adviced!

Comment

Mitsuboshi makes excellent bogu.
                      This Chiba Bogu is located in Katsuura Chiba (1/2 miles away from 'budai' - Kokusai Budo Daigaku, International Budo University-.........) and they will only be dealing online.....(means longer shippment)

As I said many times, if you want cheap, metalic Iroc do from korea, thats fine...but if you want good quality japanese made bogu w/ reasonable price,
                      no one can compete against Eguchi if you are in USA....especially their perosnal service and superb after-care!

I bet this bogu shop will have very tough time against Eguchi eventhough they carry same line of bogu.

Comment

Hi everyone,

I tried e-mailing info@chibabogu.com.

Mr. Komoto replied very promptly with another e-mail account because for some strange reason, my yahoo server is asking him for authentication from his @chibabogu.com account in order for the e-mail to pass through.

I didn't even know yahoo-mail had such filtering function???

Anyone, help?

P.S. Their service and level of customization is excellent, btw.

Comment

`pitch` isn`t actually their translation of `mine`. They use the same word in japan as well, to describe a product within the mine range. It refers to the diagonal stitching, or so I`m told...

Comment

Originally posted by DCPan
                            P.S. Their service and level of customization is excellent, btw.
                            it must be excellent. $2000 for the 6mm machine stiched bogu... it MUST be excellent!!!

Comment

I have a set. I also have 2 sets of hand stitched bogu. The set of 'Mine' that I have is superior to my hand stitched sets in every way. I guess it is the materials that are used. To be honest, I was shocked at how machine made bogu could be so comfortable and resilient. I notice that even a lot of top level police like Eika, and Miyazaki also use it, so that must say something.

Comment

Working...
                              X