Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going in or staying home?

Hey,

I need to get my frist hakama. And I wanted to know if it was better to go into E-bogu and get sized up or stay home and do it? I don't feel like I fully understand the size chart, should i just try it from home any ways? I don't want to feel like I am being a pain by going in and haveing them do it or show me how

If you are close enough, I'd recommend you go and visit. They can help you find the right size, and you won't have to pay shipping!

Brian

Comment

Go in and see them - hakama sizing can be tricky. ALSO it's always fun to visit a bogu shop!

Catherine

Comment

U should be able to match ur height with the recommended hakam size..there should be a scale on the side. That is buying online

But u can't beat going and trying them on. Cause u don't wanna be putting on a hakam that is too long and drags on the floor or too short that it totally exposes ur feet and looks more like a mini skirt.

Also gotta take into consideration how u wear ur hakama....slightly higher in the back..not in the front.
        Last edited by Sithlord; 3rd May 2004, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Other than sizing, when I went to e-bogu for my first hakama, they showed me the quality of the others so I upgraded from my original request.

If you're close to Tustin, stop in for a practice. When I was there two years ago, several of the employees including Ariga-sensei practiced at Tustin. They will be more than happy to assist you.

Bogu shops are great. I think I'll go tomorrow...

Comment

Originally posted by Lunchboxiswrong
            Hey,

I need to get my frist hakama. And I wanted to know if it was better to go into E-bogu and get sized up or stay home and do it? I don't feel like I fully understand the size chart, should i just try it from home any ways? I don't want to feel like I am being a pain by going in and haveing them do it or show me how
            You can go into the store and ask. It's a business. If you do not get the service you like, go to another store. By the way, understanding the hakama size chart is required for your 7th kyu exam.

Comment

Working...
            X