X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solution for a Brazilian kenshin

Hi, its my first post, and i dont know to speak English very well, so sorry about some mistakes....

I need to buy my first bogu, but here in Brazil the prices are so expensives, and to import we need to pay +- 60% about the total value of the purchase are taxes!!!!

Example a Bogu 4mm for E-kendo.com costs U$260, here with no taxes will cost R$ 720,00 + 60% taxes + freight(U$170,00) + card credit taxes (U$150,00) = the total will be +- U$ 1000,00, it means R$3.000,00 !!!!

What can I do??? I know the ways to cheaper the import process (like send as samples, with a lowest price), but it will be expensive yet......

Help me please!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Taro Ariga at e-bogu, he's originally from Brazil. If anyone knows their way around import/export to Brazil, he will. E-bogu sponsored the Brazilian team last worlds.

Comment

e-bogu.com Brasil
      e-mail: brazil@e-bogu.com or mady@e-bogu.com
      URL: http://www.e-bogu.com.br

Comment

Good catch, Hai-Hai. I note they have a 4/2mm set there for R$2200, which is $US732 vs $US450 on the US website. Looks like it's tough to dodge the Brazilian taxman.

Comment

hehehe Hai_Hai, i much prefer your current avatar over ur last..

Comment

I already spoke to the people of the e-bogu here in Brazil, however the price that is there is not the price that they sell the price that they sell is R$2.450,00

Only they sell bogu here, they put the price that they want and we have to pay.

Another that sells is kendoonline.com.br, but it is more expensive !!!!......

Help please..........

Comment

While it is not the most reliable of resources, you can also try E-Bay. You just have to question the seller hard to make sure you are getting what you want.

Comment

Canadians complain so much about taxes... from the sound of it Brazil is even more notorious.

A suggestion to tuba: What if someone you know from another country (with low custom tax) purchase the bogu for you and then ship it to Brazil via EMS or Air Parcel? Will this shipment still be taxed since it is between two individuals?

I just bought the 2.5 mm bogu from e-kendo and the total came to about $700 Canadian including shipping (probably end up to $750-$770 with custom taxes... maybe Canadian customs will not even tax it since it came through EMS... I've heard this can happen..hehe). If I shipped you this bogu to Brazil through EMS, the final cost may be around $850 Canadian dollars... assuming it won't be taxed by Brazilian customs.

I know that the shipment will take longer and involve quite a bit of risk... but it's another alternative to try and dodge the "Brazilian taxman" as Neil put it.

Comment

Legio this would be the best solution, but I don't know anybody of another country that could make this for me.....

I spoke to the people of the e-bogu, and they spoke that it takes 3 months to delivery the Bogu to me.......!!!!!!!

Comment

Contact Koei or bogubag, they usually put the price tag much lower than actual so people can dodge their custom tax when it is arrived. When I received my bogu from Bogubag, it listed at at $50.00 with the bogu actual price is $350.00. When I got the Gi and Hakama, the value was $200.00 but they put the custom tag of $30.00. That way, they help the international purchaser to dodge their tax.

Comment

Originally posted by tuba
                      Legio this would be the best solution, but I don't know anybody of another country that could make this for me.....

I spoke to the people of the e-bogu, and they spoke that it takes 3 months to delivery the Bogu to me.......!!!!!!!
                      Try Mori Budo at www.moribudo.co.jp
                      If you don't want to pay a lot for shipping, then go with the sea-mail (funabin) option. This is very, very slow as the package is sent on a boat across the Pacific.

Comment

Tankyou for everybody, but I bought in the e-bogu.com.br same.....
                        Would like to know if anybody already bought that set??? Is it realy good???

http://www.e-bogu.com.br/Uniformes/K...s/kitbogu.html

Comment

Anyone ?

Comment

Originally posted by tuba
                            Anyone ?
                            A fellow student bought the 4/2 mm set. It's nice. Doesn't go into the rich-boy show-off realm.

Comment

Same help

you should send an e-mail to sensei Manini of Buenos Aires there is much cheaper www.musashi-genbudo.com

Comment

Working...
                              X