Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• somthing is wierd with the kendogi

hi im new, and this forum has helped me alot,

im also new to kendo (about a month and a half) and i bought my hakama and kendogi today, i was so happy and excited, but when i wore it, i noticed the kendogi has somthing wierd about it, the side parts of it, are not connected and has like, upside down V in it, well i thought its all right, and i tried my Hakama as well, it was great but in the parts of the hakama (sides of it, in the upper area) where you see the kendogi, you basicly see this upside down V, which made me wonder, am i sepoused to have pants under the hakama? because i dont enjoy people seeing my underwear from the side parts of the hakama

please help
    thanks in advence

You don't have a proper kendogi if it has vents (the upside down V) on the sides. Somebody has sold you a keikogi for karate or judo. A kendogi has the vent at the back to avoid exactly the sort of problem you describe. You can see what it's supposed to look like here.

Comment

ok thank you very much i suspected that when i noticed i also have karate pants that came with the "kendo"gi

thanks again for the fast reply

Comment

Originally posted by Enderin
        ok thank you very much i suspected that when i noticed i also have karate pants that came with the "kendo"gi

thanks again for the fast reply
        Everything work out?

Comment

Working...
        X