Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MUSASHI KENDOGI

Hello Guys,

I Thought the "MUSASHI KENDOGI" was for kids or Women, I saw this new Guy yesterday @ the Dojo wearing it. Is this Ok ?

Most of us have Blue / Black Kendogi & Navy Blue Hakama, never seen this one though.

And also I saw another person that had a blue kendogi and White Hakama ( also a Guy ) Is this Ok ?

Thx.

Well, the muashi kendogi are usually meant for kids, but they do make them in adult sizes. Some adults get confused and buy the musashi instead of a indigo or white dogi. But for the blue kendogi and the white hakama? Never heard of it. I know tht some high ranking sensei wear all white, but I hav never heard of this type of color match b4, lol.
    Hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by StormShadow
      Hello Guys,

I Thought the "MUSASHI KENDOGI" was for kids or Women, I saw this new Guy yesterday @ the Dojo wearing it. Is this Ok ?

Most of us have Blue / Black Kendogi & Navy Blue Hakama, never seen this one though.

And also I saw another person that had a blue kendogi and White Hakama ( also a Guy ) Is this Ok ?

Thx.
      Sure it's ok.. I've seen a kid with an electron blue gi and hakama.. doesn't look "professional" though =P

Comment

some girls at my dojo have them musashi gis. and since they look so good and sexxxy, one of the newbies bought one for himself and sported it proudly.

i dont know if musashi gis are only meant for kids and women, but i guess everydojo has a case of 'warning, dude stepping in weirdly dressed' case.

btw, what kind of gi do you use hai hai?

Comment

Originally posted by doUbLe ShInaii
          Well, the muashi kendogi are usually meant for kids, but they do make them in adult sizes. Some adults get confused and buy the musashi instead of a indigo or white dogi. But for the blue kendogi and the white hakama? Never heard of it. I know tht some high ranking sensei wear all white, but I hav never heard of this type of color match b4, lol.
          Hope this helps!
          Once i have worn blue kendogi and white hakama.lol Senseis said they hadn't seen this type of color
          I think it's rare but it doeant mean wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by StormShadow
            There's a local yondan that does that sometimes. I asked him why once. He said, "It's the one that's clean at the moment".

He has beautiful kendo...btw.

Comment

Several adult people (including me) in my dojo wear the Musashi Gi. Sensei's been wearing one, too (5th dan).

Comment

Originally posted by ralphy
                Several adult people (including me) in my dojo wear the Musashi Gi. Sensei's been wearing one, too (5th dan).
                Now I'm confused. Are we talking about the Musashi style gi (the white one) or are we talking about the Musashi brand gi? Because a lot of people wear Musashi brand gi but not the Musashi style gi.

Comment

Originally posted by taiwnezboi
                  Now I'm confused. Are we talking about the Musashi style gi (the white one) or are we talking about the Musashi brand gi? Because a lot of people wear Musashi brand gi but not the Musashi style gi.
                  The One I was refering to was the Musashi Style ( White Kendogi with "Black patterns")......

anyway...

One of the sensei in my Dojo also wears one (Musashi Style)! ! !,
                  He said "anyone who wants could wear a Mushashi, NavyBlue , Black or White Kendogi its oK." as long it doesnt Stink you can alternate them.

and for the Hakama they will allow Navy Blue , Black, Brown and White...Other colors are not accepted there. But most of the students like me have Navy Blue Hakama & Kendogi.

Thx for answering my Question Guys.

Comment

Are we talking about the Musashi style gi (the white one) or are we talking about the Musashi brand gi
                    Well, no idea what the difference between musashi style and brand is but I was referring to the gi on this page:

http://www.eurobogu.net/index.php?uc...tslist&ucid=20

this one: Ref:#16-000

Comment

i think you can pretty much wear any colour or pattern you like. but if you train with others outside your dojo, you might stick out a bit. but i don't know about gradings though. you might want to wear a more conventional set since it's a more formal occasion?

Comment

Working...
                      X