Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you decide what size Do to buy?

Please excuse me if there is already a thread about this... I looked but couldn't find one... (If it is elsewhere perhaps you could point me in the right direction...?)

There are lots of pointers on various sites about selecting the size of Men and Kote, but I haven't seen any guidance on the selection of Do...

What are the variables that decide the size? Chest / Waist / Distance from throat to waist...? And how does this translate into the more general S/M/L/XL/XXL etc...?

cheers

crabbi

Hi Crabbi, well i think most sites determine the gap behind your back, basically your waist size.But i am unsure about throat to waist, just the distance of the gap at your back really.
    I am just about to order my armour from e-kendo right at this moment

I am 5'2" petite female. e-kendo are making my armour from scratch, tailor made

Hope this helps

Sarah

Comment

While I haven't ordered any yet, most sites allow you to send in your measurements and they will fit the bogu based off of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander
        e-kendo are making my armour from scratch, tailor made

Hope this helps

Sarah
        Hi Commander / Sarah... Please let us all know how your bogu turns out... I am some way from ordering my first bogu but I would certainly be very interested in your experience... especially as you have ordered a custom bogu...

I ceratainly find the range of bogu bewildering... and the advice on this forum can also be a bit confusing... your experience will be very useful to me and all the other 'bogu-virgins' lurking on Kendo-World!!!

Good luck... and please keep us posted....!

crabbi

Comment

Hi

I had my Koei S-22 bogu custom made and had help from my instructors on getting measured up and would suggest you do the same. My 2 cents worth is to make sure you get Kote that are slightly too big (around the hand) as this makes them very comfortable and apparently easier to break in.

Comment

Good tip ... thanks Snipar....

crabbi

Comment

When i was doing my measurements i never left much space, i measured to my exact size, i.e having the tape tight around my waist etc.

Do you think thats a bad thing??

Comment

Originally posted by Commander
                When i was doing my measurements i never left much space, i measured to my exact size, i.e having the tape tight around my waist etc.

Do you think thats a bad thing??
                I would leave yourself a bit of room for your Do, in fact my instructor suggested to me that even about an inch either side is better. Do the exact measurement for your Men as you don't want this to be too big. As suggested earlier, I would also allow a bit of room in the Kote, especially around the hand, I measured my hand tight and allowed and additional 1cm and am very happy with the fit.

Comment

Working...
                X