Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chiba Bougu's hakama?

Hi all,

I would like to buy a good quality, but not too expensive hakama soon. Is there anyone who has any experience in the Chiba Bougu's hakama. That looks quite good and they are not very expensive. I haven' seen any word about the quality of their hakamas (I mean #8000 or #10000 etc.).
    I heard that their "mine" bougus worth the prize, but what about their clothes? Were their hakamas made in Japan? Does anyone know? Perhaps Is there anyone who bought already a hakama from them?

Thanks a lot.

Originally posted by gszab
    Hi all,

I would like to buy a good quality, but not too expensive hakama soon. Is there anyone who has any experience in the Chiba Bougu's hakama. That looks quite good and they are not very expensive. I haven' seen any word about the quality of their hakamas (I mean #8000 or #10000 etc.).
    I heard that their "mine" bougus worth the prize, but what about their clothes? Were their hakamas made in Japan? Does anyone know? Perhaps Is there anyone who bought already a hakama from them?

Thanks a lot.
    Shipping charges may be a rude shock.

Comment

Why? How much?

Comment

Hi Paikea!

Have you bought from Chiba Bougu yet? How much the shipping charge was?
        Thanks.

Comment

Chibabogu.com has a good recommendation concerning breaking in your new kote gloves. The following is a weblink to those specific instructions: http://www.chibabogu.com/catalog/inf...3ae6ce7ff80114

As far as breaking in the men, there are several website links that provide photos on how to tie-up the flaps, to allow them to 'break-in' and not be so darned stiff.

Lastly, concerning the do (abdomen/chest guard), there really isn't any breaking-in necessary... BUT, if the sides of the men rub the sides of your abdomen (in other words, the do fits snuggly versus loosely as it should), you will need to place a stick inside of it (implace it as a sort of brace between the lower ends of the do)... to sort of stretch it out. The do is suppose to basically "float" on your abdomen and not fit snug. This allows for free moment. Yet, since you're a female, in all probability you won't need to stretch the do; it will fit more than loosely around the front of your abdomen.

Happy trails!

Comment

umm...did I miss something? What does that have to do with purchasing a hakama?

Comment

CBG Hakama

Sorry for chiming in late.

And sorry for the less than positive reports about shipping costs. We're using International Postal Express Mail Service (EMS). It is costly, but is fast, registered, which provides for tracking accessible to the customer, and includes insurance (to the amount of the order, or that amount specified by the customer if such instruction should be ordered.)

As for an explanation of cloth weights please look at this "Infopage"

http://www.chibabogu.com/catalog/inf...8cd62bf50cba1d

I suppose a recommendation from me may not appear to be unbiased, but even before I became associated with CBG, I sought these hamaka, in particular the H-045, my favorite to this day. If it is of any notable value for consideration, many high level teachers are using our H-045 and H-046 as their only hakama choice.

Here's the user friendly EMS tracking system. We advise every customer about their shipment days before the shipment, the shipment schedule and the

http://www.post.japanpost.jp/english/ems/ems.html

It is true, many will purchase based on lowest price; however, we've based our business on offering the best products coupled with the best possible customer service. This includes services like embroidery included with each purchase at no additional charge, using the best an most dependable shipping service, including insurance to protect the customer, and day-to-day advice about the disposition of orders.

We won't try to compete for the lowest end. Rather, we hope to offer the best goods and services to those who demand the best.

Kindest regards to all, and happy holidays!

Michael

Comment

Working...
              X