X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pattern for Men Chin Liner

I would like to make a simple chin liner to go between my skin and the chin support in my men. I'm envisioning simple, cotton fabric to absorb some sweat and minimize the transfer of indigo to my face.

So, the question is if anyone has a simple pattern I could use to create this?

Check http://www.eguchi.net/cart_small.htm under special men supplies or http://www.e-bogu.com/Kendo_s/135.htm under chin support.

Comment

Originally posted by chindogu
      I would like to make a simple chin liner to go between my skin and the chin support in my men. I'm envisioning simple, cotton fabric to absorb some sweat and minimize the transfer of indigo to my face.

So, the question is if anyone has a simple pattern I could use to create this?
      I see Musninman beat me to it, I'm pretty sure both products are the same thing.

The thing is, it's really a "slip cover" to cover a worn chin cup and not a pad that would adjust for a slightly large men or do much about sweat. It would, however serve as an excellent basis for someone with basic sewing skills to add a layer or two of quilting and thicken it up a bit.
      Last edited by Paikea; 10th March 2005, 08:32 AM.

Comment

chindogu: have you tried placing a folded tenugui on your chin pad?

Comment

Yep. Folded tenugui works fine. But if it's too bulky, you can cut it in half. That works well for me. But make sure to use a dark colored tenugui. It's not considered good form to have a bright tenugui showing under your chin.

If you don't want to go the tenugui route and you're still looking for a pattern, check out the chin pad at bogubag.com. Here's a link to a picture of it:

http://www.bogubag.com/Bogu/Pads/chinliner_42229_L.jpg

Comment

I need to do something like this too.
            My men is too big from the top to the bottom of the grill... my face fits in there sorta loosely and my chin slips out from time to time.

I know that it would be easier to use a pad on the top, but i like the alignment of the grills when my head is as close to the top as it can be.

I was thinking of using a piece of "L-shaped" foam rubber or something, but i'd have to attach it to the men somehow.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for all the suggestions. My men fits perfectly, so I'm shying away from the padded chin liners that the retailers have. Plus, a simple piece of cloth shouldn't cost me more then $1 US to fashion. The bogubag model give me a nice pattern to base a first attempt on.

Comment

Working...
              X