Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chibabogu?

Their website is down...are they OK?

I don't think so. Wrote them in July to ask if they accepted orders over e-mail, here's the reply:

Thank you for your email. Actually, the store will definitely close at the end of the week, so we will not be able to provide you with custom-made kote.
    We might have a few kote remaining on stock, but it would depend on your size, and also the type of kote you wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by DCPan View Post
      Their website is down...are they OK?
      Word has it Chiba and Mitsuboshi...

Comment

They closed? That's awful. They were good to me.

Mitsuboshi has problems as well?

Comment

Originally posted by DCPan View Post
          They closed? That's awful. They were good to me.

Mitsuboshi has problems as well?
          Rumor has it the owner is retiring and the Chiba store was a branch shop of Mitsuboshi. I will miss them both. Chiba, GREAT service and Mitsuboshi, GREAT products (Mine in particular). Was trying to order a new set when I found out. Guess I'll look at Sankei-Zen now...

Comment

A friend pointed this out to me....

Looks like Mitsuboshi is a subbrand under Tozando now?

http://www.tozandoshop.com/Mitsubosh...E-p/set752.htm

Comment

A friend pointed this out to me....

Looks like Mitsuboshi is a subbrand under Tozando now?

http://www.tozandoshop.com/Mitsubosh...E-p/set752.htm

Comment

I bought a 6mm "pitch" or "fit-stiched" Mitsuboshi set from Tozando in '11 so I do have some info on this. At the time the sets were manufactured by Mitsuboshi and came with Tozando labels, but that may have changed over time. At any rate they definitely did work with Mitsuboshi manufacturing at some point because my bogu was a custom job and the men for that set was lost in the earthquake when one of the factories was damaged.

This is a bit of an aside, but my 6mm deerskin set with a 50pc bamboo do cost 1/3 less than the one listed above. Yikes!

Comment

Working...
                X