Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KendoStar

Hi Everyone,

I finally managed to open my own Kendo store - KendoStar. It has been going really well since opening, so just wanted to leave an update here.

You can check out the website here - www.kendostar.com

and you can find out more about the concept of what I am doing here - http://www.kendostar.com/aboutus.asp

Please take a look, and let me know if you have any questions!

All the best,

Andy

Hey Andy, I've been following all of this on FB, which of course now is the go-to place for info these days, but just wanted to say congratulations on everything. Well done.

Expect some orders from me soon. I know its early days and all, but any thought given to starting up a line of children's equipment?

Comment

I am no boguya-san of course but from what I can tell, the economics of children's bogu (e.g. outgrown quickly) wouldn't fit in with Kendostar's stated aims... unless we're talking club sets in which case washability would be a good feature.

Comment

Thank you very much for the replies, and also for the words of congratulations

Actually, as children's Kendo is something I am heavily involved with in Japan, it is something that is very close to my heart. I do indeed plan to offer children's equipment, and it is actually possible for a Bogu set to last even younger children several years - my own daughter has had her Bogu for over a year now, and she will get at least another year, probably two out of it - though I may have to replace the Kote before then, as she practices 3-4 times a week... Anyway, she is currently 8 years old, and obviously growing fast, but I think this set will be fine until she needs one to last her through junior high.

If you buy a decent set, that is sized appropriately (not to fit them now, but for them to grow into), it can be adequately padded at first, with padding gradually removed as they grow. This is better than getting a series of cheap sets, as it is more cost efficient in the long run, and also more protective for the child. Once they become teenagers, this process is somewhat easier, and it is possible to get them a good quality set, that will last them well into adulthood.

So with this in mind, I do plan to add some children's gear at some point too. However, as Dillon rightly said, the concept of KendoStar is to provide quality, relevant gear. So I will not be looking to sell any of those cheap sets with the black pvc/patent leather. I am currently sourcing appropriate sets, and want to be able offer good quality sets that young kids can use into their pre-teens, and that pre-tees/teens can use into adulthood.

In the meantime if anyone is in the market for children's Kendogu, please contact us by email, and we'll let you know what we can offer

mail@kendostar.com

Thank you once agin for your support,

Andy

Comment

Hey hey. Thanks man. Will be in touch.

Comment

Working...
          X