X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kendo shop in manhattan or NJ

Hello, my sister will travel to north bergen (NJ) in a few weeks, where can she find a shop in north bergen or in manhattan? it's because she wants to buy me a hakama and keikogi, and if they're little cheap, better

Greetings.

Originally posted by Po5i
    Hello, my sister will travel to north bergen (NJ) in a few weeks, where can she find a shop in north bergen or in manhattan? it's because she wants to buy me a hakama and keikogi, and if they're little cheap, better

Greetings.
    I only know 2 places

- Honda Trading in Manhattan 32nd st and Broadway. They don't have website so I don't know what they have but they have all sort of martial art supplies. Probably cheaper stuff.

- E-Mudo.com - They are Kendo shop so they have good stuff. Check out the website. They have a shop somewhere in NJ.

Also in Chinatown there are some shops with real cheap struff ( $200 Boguand $10 Shinai ) but I wouldn't touch their stuff.

Comment

I think Honda recently launched a website:

Honda Martial Arts Supply Co.

Best wishes,
      Nicholas Lauridsen

Comment

Originally posted by Kennesten
        I think Honda recently launched a website:

Honda Martial Arts Supply Co.

Best wishes,
        Nicholas Lauridsen
        From going over that site, it looks like they really don't know much about kendo and naginata. A few spelling errors like "boku" and "nakinata" as well as mediocre descriptions of their products. You probably would get more and better information by actually going to their store.

Comment

Originally posted by ShinKenshi
          From going over that site, it looks like they really don't know much about kendo and naginata. A few spelling errors like "boku" and "nakinata" as well as mediocre descriptions of their products. You probably would get more and better information by actually going to their store.
          But they have Mitsuboshi armors! Those things cost an arm and a leg, but then again, you can get it better with eguchi with better description and all. And they just have horrible spelling overall in the page. They can't even spell student right.

Comment

in North New Jersey

www.bushidomusashi.com

everyone from my dojo who didn't already have a set of bogu bought one from this place and was very satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Kat
              www.bushidomusashi.com

everyone from my dojo who didn't already have a set of bogu bought one from this place and was very satisfied.
              prices are not so bad... 201 area code, so it's probably bergen county. I may have to peek in when I go home to visit...

Comment

thanks for the information, but also I just wanna know where in chinatown can I find a shop who sells kendo-gi, I just wanna replace my everyday uniform and I dont have enough money

Bye

Comment

Working...
                X