Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philosphical quote!

A quick question to all.
    Whats the best Philosophical quote you have ever heard?

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak, it is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
    -Winston Churchill

Comment

Dangerous is not the one who reads, but the one that over read.

- Robespierre

Comment

"Excellence is not an act, but a habit." Aristotle
        "Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - and most fools do." -- Dale Carnegie
        "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison
        "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result." -- Albert Einstein
        "Failure is the opportunity to begin again, more intelligently."-- Henry Ford
        "The biggest mistake an athlete can make is to be afraid to make one." -- L. Ron Hubbard
        "The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus." -- Bruce Lee
        "Man's finest hour is the moment when he has worked his heart out in good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." -- Vince Lombardi
        "Achievement is largely the product of steadily raising one's levels of aspiration . . and expectation." -- Jack Nicklaus
        "Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence." - Robert Frost
        this is from an old post

Comment

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut

Comment

Hoka Hey! It is a good time to die!
            Tashunca-Uitco

Comment

"Meet people in such a manner so that if you die, they shall weep for you, and if you live, they shall long for you" --Ali

Comment

Latin Quote

Carpe cervisium.
                (Seize the beer.)

Comment

Shoot for the moon and if you miss you wil still be in the stars
                  Death is only the beginning
                  life everyday as if it is your last
                  If there was no death there would be no war
                  Peace is not a abscence of war but rather war a abscence of peace
                  Courage is just holding on for one second longer
                  True kendo is the abscence of mind

sorry about the spelling I wrote these when I was exhausted.

Comment

Originally posted by Saigo
                    Shoot for the moon and if you miss you wil still be in the stars

I wrote these when I was exhausted.
                    THe stars are beyond the moon

anyways:
                    "Martial artists are peopel who train themselves to endure. Thos who can't stand an empty stomach and use for theft the techniques they've devoted long years to ar not martial artists!"
                    - Jiraiya in Naruto

Cover everyone from the Yakuza to the McDojo's to the MA trained bully

Comment

I like the sentence that kenichi ishida ends his hachi dan essay with at the end of that documentary

"the most important thing in kendo is to have a flexible mind, which allows you to recognize your own weaknesses, and overcome them through practice"

its practical, and doesnt get too metaphysical for my tastes.

Comment

Generally used in 6Sigma or Gemba Kaizen training.

"Every morning in the Africa plains a gazelle wakes up and knows he must run faster than the fastest Lion to survive.

Every morning in the Africa plains a lion wakes up and knows he must run faster than the slowest Gazelle to survive.

Doesn't matter who you are, when you wake up, you better be running!"

Comment

"Stop Thinking!!"

Comment

One day, someone showed me a glass of water that was half full. And he said, "Is it half full or half empty?" So I drank the water. No more problem. ~Alexander Jodorowsky

The future influences the present just as much as the past. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                            In general people experience their present naively, as it were, without being able to form an estimate of its contents; they have first to put themselves at a distance from it - the present, that is to say, must have become the past - before it can yield points of vantage from which to judge the future. ~Sigmund Freud

The fish trap exists because of the fish. Once you've gotten the fish you can forget the trap. The rabbit snare exists because of the rabbit. Once you've gotten the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words exist because of meaning. Once you've gotten the meaning, you can forget the words. Where can I find a man who has forgotten words so I can talk with him? ~Chuang Tzu

Comment

I have two favourites:

"Buy one get one free!"

and

"All you can eat for 10!!!!"

The speak right to my heart.

Comment

Working...
                              X