X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different Ritual

Seeing as the previous ritual discussion knid of lnswered the big picture, i thought someone should ask, What is your pre-fight ritual. I think it would be very interesting to know what some of us do to prepare ourselves for battle.
    Also Has any one ever heard a really smokin Kia, maybe not whos your daddy, but some thing specific and not just your usuall growl.

I actually like to just take a minute or so to do a little mokuso just to relax and clear my head. As funny as it sounds, it has actually helped me wonders.

Comment

actually my own ritual is to shout very loud the first kiai of the battle. instantant clear mind to fight without be nervous.

Comment

Originally posted by nikozamo View Post
        actually my own ritual is to shout very loud the first kiai of the battle. instantant clear mind to fight without be nervous.
        I do this too. It helps unbelievabley sometimes....

Comment

I do like Maz .. I like to clear my head of thought to prepare. I do kiai loud as soon as I get up from sonkyo to start a match, but it's not a thing I do to prepare for battle so much as it is the initiation of battle (for me).

Comment

While waiting for my match, I usually jump up and down a few times to get rid of any jitters I might have and take a few deep breaths. once I step into the court, my mind goes somewhere else as I step forward into sonkyo and I maintain my posture as best I can. Right out of sonkyo, I rip with the biggest kiai I can muster, much like Mike and Maz.

Comment

Originally posted by The great I AM View Post
              I do this too. It helps unbelievabley sometimes....
              I wait for the other person to kiai then I kiai louder and with more intent. Then I try to loom over the person for extra intimidation....works great on the Japanese high school kids. I'm like the embodiment of their fears...."The tall foreigner who only speaks the language I hate learning in school is yelling at me like a madman...what do I do?" heheh

Comment

good discussion, there was also a thread on this a while back. but please feel free to discuss more. http://www.kendo-world.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14269

Comment

Originally posted by Kagerou View Post
                  "The tall foreigner who only speaks the language I hate learning in school is yelling at me like a madman...what do I do?" heheh

hahaha that is funny~

as for me, i used to practice kata before the start of the matches. yeah it seems odd, but it helped me focus my mind...

and before getting into the court, i would hit myself with the shinai on the legs and arms...yeah it might be consider guache by some, but i thought it helped me get psyched

Comment

Working...
                  X