X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• English translation of Shinpan Guide

I have posted an English translation of the AJKF Shinpan Guide (Kendo Shiai - Shinpan - Unei Yohryo no Tebiki) on the Idaho Kendo Club website.

There is a PDF download on the website called 'shinpan_tebiki.pdf' which is the full 36 page document with both the original Japanese and the English translation (Kendo Shiai - Shinpan - Administration Essentials Guide). It is hoped that this will be shared between all non-Japanese speaking kendo practitioners who are studying kendo shinpan (judging). This is the text that the AJKF sensei tend to use as the basis for the regional America Zone Kendo Seminar curriculum.

Most likely I will create an English only companion text at some time in the coming weeks.

Go to this page
    http://www.idaho-kendo.com/kendo/

then look for the link to the file 'shinpan-tebiki.pdf' (you may have to click on a second page)

Wow, that's quite the project! Thank you very much, Robert!

Comment

Not sure if the subject would be better placed in the Kendo Media section of the Forum. If you want to move it Neil, I leave that up to you.

Comment

Woah, major props, Robert!

Comment

Nice! Thank you very much for this. Mind if I distribute this to friends?

Comment

Please share it with anyone who is trying to learn more about shinpan or studying about yuko datotsu. I have talked to World Kendo Championship judges who did not know the original Japanese document existed, despite it being on the Japanese language portion of the AJKF website. Now that my (poor) translation is in the "inter-web" I hope that it will be useful to many non-Japanese language speaking kendo enthusiasts. Please feel free to share it and let me know if you find any glaring errors.

Cheers,
            R Stroud

Comment

Thank you very much for your efforts, Stroud sensei!

Comment

Wow!! Thank you very much, Stroud sensei!

Comment

Ditto! Thanks a heap Robert!! Great work.

Comment

Thank you very much!!!!

Comment

Thank you very much Sensei.
                      This will be very handy for people like me who constantly bother their spouse for kanji help!

Comment

The Shinpan Tebiki translation now resides here;
                        http://www.idaho-kendo.com/kendo-shiaishinpan/

Comment

What a fantastic resource Robert! Thank you so much for putting the effort into translating this!

Comment

can this be made into a sticky so it doesn't get lost?

Comment

A Spanish language translation of the Shinpan Tebiki Guide is now available. The English to Spanish translation was done by the wonderful kenshi in the Asociacin de Kendo de Guatemala.

You can down load it (and the original English/Japanese version) HERE

Comment

Working...
                              X