Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

A layman's guide to a kendo match.. Can anyone help??

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A layman's guide to a kendo match.. Can anyone help??

    I have only been practicing for a couple of months, and still don't understand the actual workings and scoring and rules of a Kendo Match... can anyone help out a novice understand the sport he's fallen in love with???



    THANKS!!

  • #2
    The rules.

    Comment


    • #3
      After you read the rules, try this site for starters - http://wfkendo.com/ last link in the bottom right of the home page. Lots of good information there, presented very well.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by nothing
        . can anyone help out a novice understand the sport he's fallen in love with???
        THANKS!!
        Kendo is more than a sport. Shiai kendo is a sport, but kata kendo (which one sensei described as the closest to ken-jutsu) is an art. You can go your entire life without entering into shiai kendo, but you will probably never attain the best you could be in shiai kendo without studying kata.

        Comment


        • #5
          Thank you all very much... super helpful!

          Comment


          • #6
            blood = 10 points
            broken bone = 50 points

            Comment


            • #7
              slaughter hai_hai 's mom = Award as hachidan and the ultra kendo God

              Comment


              • #8
                slaughter hai_hai 's mom = Award as hachidan and the ultra kendo God
                ouch. i thought you liked me

                Comment


                • #9
                  ''I can't stand mad at you...come here ..gimme a hug~~''

                  -_-'''

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    awwwww that's so cute!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ISSAC RU
                      ''I can't stand mad at you...come here ..gimme a hug~~''

                      -_-'''
                      Issac!! Whats happened to you????

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Paikea
                        After you read the rules, try this site for starters - http://wfkendo.com/ last link in the bottom right of the home page. Lots of good information there, presented very well.
                        Hey-Hey!!

                        Excellent link Paikea-San... Thanks for that!!

                        Cheers

                        kru$$ti

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X