• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What goes in your mind during a shiai

I was wondering what happens to anyone during a shiai? Do you tell yourself

A- This guy is never gonna beat.......it will never happen

B- Oh this shiai is so damn hard for me to when

C-...................

It is you guys to tell me what is C and one more things is a shiai like coming near death or something or is it a normal thing ?

c.Aaah!you bas*****! this wasnt a do,this was my bra!
    d.(after wrong and painful hit).Aaah!you ll not do this again!men!(tricking to raise his hands up)douuuu!

i dont know why,but everytime i get hit by someone of my grade i get really mad.if the hit is painful and wrong,i get crazy. one time somebody hit me at the back of my head so strong that i cried inside the men.but i became so angry with this that my performance really improved then.

e.(after 6 jigeiko) I am gonna fall right now.my arms will fall,the guy is gonna hit me now,its unfair, he s a giant 3 heads taller than me.oh f*** he hit me.i must remember my sensei's words 'always try for one more hit' .so,"douuu"!ok,i gave my best,i am gonna fall ,now i can be the guys dummy doll.why the f*** these guys never get tired??everybody sleep enough?oh Sh** this was not kote , this was my bone!

basically most of the time i swear,secretly

Comment

What goes in my mind during shiai...I think of:

- maintaining posture and kamae
      - showing strong spirit and presence "kigurai"
      - probing for weakness
      - not showing openings
      - moving my feet
      - not trying to think too much.

Comment

Stream of consciousness: pressure, seme, push, where's the opening, where's the weakness, create the weakness, open him up ATTACK TAI ATARI pressure pressure pressure HIKI WAZA, back to maai, pressure, pressure, where's the opening, create the opening, seme seme seme ATTACK.....

Comment

Originally posted by kuwaiti-kendoka
          What goes in your mind during a shiai?
          war is hell

Comment

Attack, don't give my opponent an opportunity to score a point. Keep the pressure on, ignore any pain I might feel.

I've got to kill this guy or else he'll kill me.

Attack! Attack! Attack!

Comment

The biggest things I try to remind myself of are to calm down and zanshin. Calm down thoughts aren't contradicting the attacking mindset though, I need to tell myself that so I can react quickly and attack strongly when I choose. If I am not calm, I feel all jumpy and my technique gets crappy and I am not calm enough to see good opportunities to attack when they are there. Zanshin thoughts are always good because sometimes a half crappy strike will get a point if the zanshin is good, but with bad zanshin, nothing will score ippon.

Comment

I try not to think too much and to calm down. When I start to think too much, I lose focus of the match itself.

Comment

Dance with the date you brought--fundamentals. So many people seem to forget basics and the shiai turns into a slugfest or wrestling match. Fundamental kendo looks good and makes the job easy for the shinpan.

Comment

Match starts... Match ends... Who's next.

Comment

Don't think, don't think, don't think....Crap, I'm thinking! Ok, I'll just stop thinking....Now! There, that wasn't so hard, D'oh! I'm still thinking!

Comment

Your men is mine, your men is mine, your men is mine, Your men is mine, your men is mine, your men is mine, Your men is mine, your men is mine, your men is mine, Your men is mine, your men is mine, your men is mine, Your men is mine, your men is mine, your men is mine, Your men is mine, your men is mine, your men is mine, Your men is mine, your men is mine, your men is mine,

Comment

"Oh my god! A little blue man is trying to kill me!"

Comment

A: give me my point goddammit....oh no somethings going wrong here.... one flag up,hmmm something is missing from makin a point, but what? ponder ponder ponder......conclusion: if I start thinking my kiai is gone

B: (against agressive pushy opponent) dammit don't come so close to me, get back get back, how on earth am I gonna score a point on youif you keep standing in front of my nose. BTW I lost that one

Comment

nothing.. absolutely nothing what so ever. then i look back and go.. what the hell did i do that for?

Comment

Working...
                              X