Very fast kendo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very fast kendo

Kendo is and always will be a work in progress even for kenshi competing at the highest level.

Decided to post my thoughts on KWF on some chatter I’ve read on the internet. It’s interesting to me how many different responses you get from one action photo on Reddit.
    Here’s my take on the photo:
    1. You can tell he’s practiced this men uchi a million times and
    2. This is probably his special men execution. Think about it, how many other waza other than men can you execute with the body this out of balance? (And yes, I’ve seen many young kenshi execute men from this distance)
    With that said, would he execute this in shinsa? Depending on what grade he’s aiming for, probably not even if he’s scores multiple times in shiai, because at higher grades, it doesn’t meet the criteria…and there lies the confusion for many people.

The criteria for yuko datotsu or ki ken tai ichi in the rulebook is very subjective for many people because they don’t quite understand how the body should be moving when we execute strikes. This is one of the hard parts about kendo, tai sabaki, natural body movement. To acquire the ability to execute multiple waza correctly, your mechanics must be consistent and to do that you need to strike from the tanden.
    When you learn to strike from the tanden, that’s when you truly begin to understand about waza and timing a strike during different situations. It’s not about tricks or scoring points with speed and the ability to do it from long distances (action photo); it’s about your ability for timing various strikes from various distances. That’s why anybody can win, young or old, fast or not as fast, that’s why I say kendo is just like jian ken po.

There is a big difference between the two and you don’t have to be and old geezer to understand this, the sooner you do, the stronger your kendo becomes.

My 2 cents

You should probably post the photo so people know what you're talking about.

Comment

I guess that kendo was so fast, we couldn't even see it!

Comment

Hello Neil, I assume that the people who visit this forum also visit reddit/kendo, I also get lazy….

[IMG]file:///C:\Users\Jon\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\cl ip_image001.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Working...
        X