X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charuzu
    ..blahblahblah...So in short I will go to your lever and tell you straight out at you levcer that I thin you are being quite the prick.
    That would be me. I do check facts, (and read previous posts) and the comment stands.

Meantime, take a good look at what you say/write and do tell how you're just being innocently misunderstood.
    Last edited by Paikea; 20th July 2005, 07:26 AM. Reason: Can't be too nasty to the kiddies - even when they deserve it.

Comment

KingOfMyrrh, please Read and study before you start insulting people.
      No problem baby! Write me some legible prose and I'll do my best to read it! I do appreciate having people like you around - it always lightens my day! For a guy who likes to be %100 sure (you might want to Read and study how to employ a percentage sign) you're pretty ill-informed yourself. Do you really think you know better than the experienced posters here, some of whom were doing kendo before you were even born?

abayo!

Comment

Guys... are you even reading the posts?

Originally posted by Kingofmyrrh
        No problem baby! Write me some legible prose and I'll do my best to read it! I do appreciate having people like you around - it always lightens my day! For a guy who likes to be %100 sure (you might want to Read and study how to employ a percentage sign) you're pretty ill-informed yourself. Do you really think you know better than the experienced posters here, some of whom were doing kendo before you were even born?

abayo!
        By the way since you care so much about spelling it is spelled "Posts", not "prose"

Originally posted by Paikea
        Meantime, take a good look at what you say/write and do tell how you're just being innocently misunderstood.
        "Also, I appoligize for calling that one guy a prick" - Post #23
        As, I said read and reserch before insulting. I have no problem forgiving you if you wan't to. If you never admit your mistakes you'll never improve.
        Yoiu said "and read previous posts" and still managed to miss my apoligy.

Also, what is it with you people and typos? As long as it is understanabel it really doesn't matter. I don't want to have to type and the then get out the dictionary to make shure that ever little word is spelled right.

Finnaly, this is not the Flames section. Ether post something useful or don't post at all.
        Last edited by Charuzu; 20th July 2005, 09:59 AM.

Comment

In case you come back....

Originally posted by Hamish
          There are many ways of etiquette in Japanese culture. I don't mean to come down on you, but at 15, why should you know better than him, especially just from reading a few web pages?
          Also, Hamish let me quickly clear this up (I just saw your post, watashi wa baka desu ne? lol). I'm case you come accross this topic again the info that I got was from a shinto preist at the Tsubaki Jinja, not websites. I only put up the site becuse it was clost to what we do in class. I have also had various respectable Sensei agree with me. (Although, most are aikido sensei)
          Last edited by Charuzu; 20th July 2005, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Also, Hamish let me quickly clear this up (I just saw your post, watashi wa baka desu ne? lol). I'm case you come accross this topic again the info that I got was from a shinto preist at the Tsubaki Jinja, not websites. I only put up the site becuse it was clost to what we do in class. I have also had various respectable Sensei agree with me. (Although, most are aikido sensei)
            Here's where the big problem steps in. Other sensei do things differently. Those aikido sensei are NOT your kendo sensei so therefore you should not presume that your kendo sensei should do things like them. Again, to go against the grain is to mark yourself as arrogant and disrespectful. You're only 15 and you presume to think you can tell your sensei what to do?!?!? Honestly, listen to yourself! Do you have any idea what you sound like and how other's react to that kind of talk? I don't mean to sound harsh but grow up and don't think that you know all that there is to know, even after you conduct "thorough research." I know I'm only five years older than you but I know that I don't nearly know enough to question my sensei about something like this. And a word about typos and such. The way you type speaks volumes about who you are. Based on the large amount of simple typos, incorrect spelling and grammar, it would appear that you don't seem to pay attention to details. I could very well be wrong here and for all I know you may be the kind of person who picks apart every single little detail about anything. I'm just telling you this is how people are beginning to see you. Since the only things that represent you here are you posts, it would be a good idea to keep this in mind. Also, you might want to look up the word "prose" and see why that post of yours "correcting" someone might be seen as rather laughable.

Comment

Originally posted by ShinKenshi
              Here's where the big problem steps in. Other sensei do things differently. Those aikido sensei are NOT your kendo sensei so therefore you should not presume that your kendo sensei should do things like them. Again, to go against the grain is to mark yourself as arrogant and disrespectful. You're only 15 and you presume to think you can tell your sensei what to do?!?!? Honestly, listen to yourself! Do you have any idea what you sound like and how other's react to that kind of talk? I don't mean to sound harsh but grow up and don't think that you know all that there is to know, even after you conduct "thorough research." I know I'm only five years older than you but I know that I don't nearly know enough to question my sensei about something like this. And a word about typos and such. The way you type speaks volumes about who you are. Based on the large amount of simple typos, incorrect spelling and grammar, it would appear that you don't seem to pay attention to details. I could very well be wrong here and for all I know you may be the kind of person who picks apart every single little detail about anything. I'm just telling you this is how people are beginning to see you. Since the only things that represent you here are you posts, it would be a good idea to keep this in mind. Also, you might want to look up the word "prose" and see why that post of yours "correcting" someone might be seen as rather laughable.
              Actualy, I pointed "Prose" out to sho that some one who is complaining about spelling is doing the same. It was meant to be laughable, jokes are usaly laughable. Rember, This is a online fourm not a school essay.
              I don't care about spelling.... most people don't.

This thread started out with some great threads, but you are sliding into something compleatly seprate. Also, I do not practice Kendo but Kenjutsu and Batto-jutsu.
              And since when do kendoka know more about shinto then a shinto preist?

If things contuinue to sprial downwards like this It'll just turn into a fight on the "Flames section". Constructive critism is good but plain insults are bad.
              Also, saing that you can tell who someone is via their spelling is just plain crazy.

Also, I don't mind how people view me as long as it helps everone improve. If he were talking about goza cutting or something like that, I would have no right to speak. And It's not like I am telling him, YOUR WRONG!, No I went to various web groups and fourms and went to research If I was wrong, or if sensei just got confused. Rember, he doesn't talk to Saruta-sensei everyday, lol.

And in the end I sayed that I'll just let it rest (post #22) but then around post #32 It just became a insult-fest. So I listen to everyones advice, apoligize all to.... get insulted! yep, happy happy joy joy. I already gave in what else do you want? All that I want is a apoligy from kingofmyrrh for that insulting comment.

Comment

ShinKenshi... I just read you message great points.

Now have all of you noted that I have gave in? I have agreed not to go against my sensei on it anymore? Now, have any of you noted that this therad is 2x the size it needed to be?

For all of you who provided useful info and constructive critism... thank you.
                Kingofmirrh.... I still expect an appoligy

Comment

Also, I do not practice Kendo but Kenjutsu and Batto-jutsu.
                  Okay, now it makes much more sense. Sorry about the mix up.

And since when do kendoka know more about shinto then a shinto preist?
                  We're not saying we know more than a Shinto priest. What we are saying is that no matter what your martial art, if it's Japanese then you follow your sensei without question. If it's something blatantly wrong like he's sticking his shinken into the ground or something like that, then you should say something.

The main thing that's getting people all up in arms is the fact that you insisted on questioning your sensei about this. None of us would ever do that. We would maybe ask about it once and then let it be and accept it.

Comment

This was an interesting read.

Charuzu,
                    Your post began well-intentioned and then wavered into showing that you are a bit naive. Plus, you have misunderstood some people and became a blabbering fool. I'll just dump the reigi...

BAKA!!!

Comment

Okay, now it makes much more sense. Sorry about the mix up.
                      It's ok.. I have a tendencay to be an arse sometimes.

We're not saying we know more than a Shinto priest. What we are saying is that no matter what your martial art, if it's Japanese then you follow your sensei without question. If it's something blatantly wrong like he's sticking his shinken into the ground or something like that, then you should say something.
                      It's just that I feel that the Kamidana is a religious item, It's one thing If the sensei doesn't incorprate it in becuse of peoples diffrent beleafs. But I beleve that it is another thing if others cant volentarly. As I said I have a tendencay to be an arse on some things.

The main thing that's getting people all up in arms is the fact that you insisted on questioning your sensei about this. None of us would ever do that. We would maybe ask about it once and then let it be and accept it.
                      As I said earlier, I have large problems letting go of things. Becuse of asburgers syndrome when I have my mind set on doing something I usally follow through.
                      But in the end I listend to everyones advice, anbd let it die yet they still talk about it as I am still going up against him. Also they make it not seem like I am fact checking but that I am going for all-out-war. I greatly respect my sensei. I just have to speak my ideas to let it rest in peace

Comment

Originally posted by Hai_hai
                        This was an interesting read.

Charuzu,
                        Your post began well-intentioned and then wavered into showing that you are a bit naive. Plus, you have misunderstood some people and became a blabbering fool. I'll just dump the reigi...

BAKA!!!
                        Hai_hai my divine god... why must you smite theee!!! Even after I apoligized? Why ... whhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyy.......... *melts*
                        Last edited by Charuzu; 20th July 2005, 12:00 PM.

Comment

By the way since you care so much about spelling it is spelled "Posts", not "prose".
                          I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU!
                          Yes, you are a spelling pedant's wet dream.
                          Consult your dictionary. Look up the word 'prose'. I'm expecting an apology!!!

As for the actual topic of this thread, the post by Shinkenshi 'Here's where.....' is an extremely clear and well-written answer (as are the others that you've chosen to ignore, but what can we do..?). I don't think there's any need to add to it.

...still waiting for that apology...

Comment

Ok guys, this one's to everyone who's been following this thread. I think we can all agree on a few things. First, Charuzu has the tendency to be an ass sometimes (his own words) and has a hard time of letting go of things. Second, we've pretty much bashed this topic into oblivion and Charuzu has settled it. Conclusion: time to stop bashing him over this and get back to more productive things in life, like doing 1000 suburi to make up for the time we all spend here!

Comment

Actualy if I were to follow Regi I would say that kendo is a sport.
                              I think this is an interesting and rather unusual thing to say. Why do you believe that reigi makes kendo a sport?

Comment

Originally posted by hyuna
                                I think this is an interesting and rather unusual thing to say. Why do you believe that reigi makes kendo a sport?
                                I agree! I always thought that reigi was one of the fundamental parts of kendo that sets it apart from sport, not the other way around. Explain away!

Comment

Working...
                                X