X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dojo in Los Angeles an Phoenix

I am going on a 3 week vacation to Los Angeles and Phoenix and was wondering if anyone know some kendo dojo that I could contact and practice with while I am there. would be great if someone could help and recomend some dojo to me. I will be staying close to Santa Monica and Venice in LA so are there any clubs/ dojo's cose to this area that would be good!

Hello,
    We have an iaido dojo that you may visit. Let me know.
    Bob Corella
    www.kenshindojo.net

Comment

Originally posted by Vikingkendo
      I am going on a 3 week vacation to Los Angeles and Phoenix and was wondering if anyone know some kendo dojo that I could contact and practice with while I am there. would be great if someone could help and recomend some dojo to me. I will be staying close to Santa Monica and Venice in LA so are there any clubs/ dojo's cose to this area that would be good!
      Here's the list of Southern California Kendo Federation (SCKF) dojo:

http://www.eanet.com/sckf/dojo.htm

Just click on the name of the dojo and you'll find a map, contact and schedule information. Since you'll be in Santa Monica/Venice area, the closest one to you are the Venice and Westside dojo(s). A few of the Venice dojo members, including a couple of their instructors are regular posters here, so you can expect to see a couple of posts from them shortly. Incidentally, Phoenix has a branch of the Pasadena Japanese Cultural Institute dojo. You may obtain their contact information here:

http://www.geocities.com/jmyamasaki/PCIKendo.html

If you fancy practicing some iaido with us, just scroll down to the bottom of the SCKF dojo page and you'll find our iaido practice locations. Please feel free to send me an e-mail or PM if you have any questions.

Have fun on your vacation and bring your shorts!

Comment

Thank you for the the input people. and I will try to contact some of the clubs that you mentioned! I hope that someone who acctually practicing at these places post something to like you said Dennis. Thanks

Comment

youre more than welcome to visit venice dojo.

Schedule

Wednesday

Time: 7:30-9:00 P.M.

Venice Japanese Community Center

12448 Braddock Drive
          Los Angeles, CA 90066

we've had several KW forum visitors in the past.

Comment

If your schedule doesn't work out to visit Venice, you're also welcom to San Fernando Valley, about a 30 minute drive from the Venice / Santa Monica area.

Monday & Wednesday
            7:30pm - 9:30pm

SFV Kendo Dojo
            8850 Lankershim Blvd.
            Sun Valley, CA 91352

Comment

Thank you for the invites. I will contact you when I get to the US! cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by T.Lee
                youre more than welcome to visit venice dojo.

Schedule

Wednesday

Time: 7:30-9:00 P.M.

Venice Japanese Community Center

12448 Braddock Drive
                Los Angeles, CA 90066

we've had several KW forum visitors in the past.
                it's 7:15-9:30 pm

Comment

Thanks for all the replys, and to all of you who invited me to come and practice with you this July, I have one question. Is it possible to borrow a club bogu and shinai from you when I come and practice??I am not bringing my own ( will bring Gi and Hakama) because it is so much to bring with on a vacation with the limmited luggage deal with the airlines!!

Comment

Originally posted by Vikingkendo
                    Thanks for all the replys, and to all of you who invited me to come and practice with you this July, I have one question. Is it possible to borrow a club bogu and shinai from you when I come and practice??I am not bringing my own ( will bring Gi and Hakama) because it is so much to bring with on a vacation with the limmited luggage deal with the airlines!!
                    Sorry vikingkendo, but we dont have any club bogu here, the bogu we do have are mainly for smaller kids going into 1st time bogu..

Comment

Working...
                    X