X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kendo in Arkansas

Anybody in Fayetteville Arkansas what to practice Kendo? Need to find serious Kendoist and Instructor ASAP. Please contact.

there appears to be a kendo club at the university there in fayetteville...

http://www.uark.edu/~kendo/

Comment

might want to check on that first though... doesn't seem as if the webpage has been updated in a couple years..

so maybe they don't have kendo there anymore..

i understand someone is doing kendo in little rock, but i don't have any contact info for them... maybe somebody else reading this can provide????
      Last edited by tango; 27th November 2003, 06:55 PM.

Comment

check that again (sorry)... they appear to have sent a group to dallas for the tournament down there this past june..

so they still should have kendo there!

contact the main guy, Dr. Steve Beaupre ... sbeaupre@uark.edu

Comment

Thanks for the advice Tango. But sadly I have been practicing with that club and the teacher is moving away. So I guess it is up to me to find a teacher that is at least 2 Dan that wants to practice with me.

Comment

well.. like i said, there's supposed to be a group in little rock... i know that's a pain but it might be the best you can scrape up in your area (that i know of)...

of course, you're always more than welcome to make the long trip to memphis and work with us.. we've got a yondan, 2 sandans, and me (the nidan)..

but if you've gotta have somebody NOW, i guess that won't work out...

good luck! maybe somebody else will pipe up with some info..

Comment

Originally posted by tango
              well.. like i said, there's supposed to be a group in little rock... i know that's a pain but it might be the best you can scrape up in your area (that i know of)...

of course, you're always more than welcome to make the long trip to memphis and work with us.. we've got a yondan, 2 sandans, and me (the nidan)..

but if you've gotta have somebody NOW, i guess that won't work out...

good luck! maybe somebody else will pipe up with some info..
              Anyone else know more about this group in Little Rock? I haven't heard of any group in LR that was active and/or had a sensei.

Comment

I'm in Arkansas too

Hi, I'm at the University in Fayetteville and I was wondering if you ever found a place to learn. thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X