Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any kendo dojos in las vegas?

Looking to join a kendo dojo in las vegas. Thanks

pretty sure there is at least a kumdo dojang there.

Comment

The Las Vegas Kendo Club practices at Silver Springs Recreation Center in Henderson on Tues/Thurs from 6:30 to 8:30 pm. We have this week started a 5 week session that will last until 12/04/08.

Comment

Resurrecting this thread....

Is Vegas Kendo Club still in operation?
        If so, can you please provide info... I need to email a buddy...

Comment

I don't know the answer currently but in the past Desert Wind has offered the only kendo practice that I am aware of in the Las Vegas area, though I understand it is a very small place and they feature a range of martial arts and even gun handling. AUSKF logo shows on their website (are they official?) Have your buddy call or e-mail.

Comment

I don't think either Desert Wind nor the kendo club in Henderson are official AUSKF members yet, but the head instructor, Watanabe sensei, used to be an instructor at the Chuo Kendo Dojo here in the SCKF and received his 7 dan from the AUSKF a few years ago.

Comment

Ralutin you are correct about Watanabe Sensei, unfortunately he had to move to Japan for family reasons. I am unsure about his return to Las Vegas.

The Las Vegas Kendo Club is still training in Henderson, NV. Here is a link to our website, www.lasvegaskendo.com . We are also have a Facebook group.

Comment

Originally posted by kalani View Post
                Ralutin you are correct about Watanabe Sensei, unfortunately he had to move to Japan for family reasons. I am unsure about his return to Las Vegas.

The Las Vegas Kendo Club is still training in Henderson, NV. Here is a link to our website, www.lasvegaskendo.com . We are also have a Facebook group.
                I'm sorry to hear that Watanabe sensei had to leave for Japan. I certainly wish him well and hope that he can come back sometime. I've only met and practiced with him a couple of times (I spoke to him briefly at the AUSKF Championships last year in Las Vegas), but he's a good man and a great sensei. I'm sure he has taught your dojo members well and hopefully you all will be able to continue his legacy.

Ganbatte!

Comment

thanks for the update, men...
                  it so happens i talked to the guy today and he said he had found the henderson club's website. I did note that they weren't AUSKF (also noted that doesn't always mean anything.. but made it more difficult to find dojos if they're not members).

seems he's only going to be in memphis a few more months and was looking to get into kendo... wasn't sure it was going to be worth his time to start with us if going to vegas would mean no further kendo, y'know?

so... coolbeans... thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X