X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dojo in Eastern MA

I am looking at Dojo's in my area, I have found one that I can work my schedule around. My question is, has any ever heard of or trained at Boston Kendo Kyokai and is this a good school for a beginner.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi Kyle,
    The Boston Kendo club is very good for beginers the people are very nice. I practice in Acton MA and the teacher came from that club, I also practice in Salem MA and that is also a very good club. Go watch a class and see what you think.

Ed

Comment

Thanks, I will check it out. What days do you practice in Acton?

Comment

The Doshikai Kendo & Iaido Dojo

Originally posted by Kyle
        Thanks, I will check it out. What days do you practice in Acton?
        Check out http://www.doshikai.org/.

I trained there from Jan 1996 until Dec 2001 when I relocated from NH to MD.

I recommend Poitras-s. for both Kendo and Iaido.

HTH,

Comment

We practice Kendo at 8pm and there ia an Iaido class that starts at 6:30pm we would be glad if you came by to check it out (this club is very good for beginners)
          Here is a link to our site http://www.doshikai.org/

Ed

Comment

I am planning on coming by. I have to wait until after the new year though. I was planning on January 5th.

Comment

Hey RA which part of NH are you from? I'm originally from Nashua.

Comment

Wow I did not know there were other kendoists in NH at one time, I live in Nottingham NH, its just above Raymond. I used to live in Nashua on Kinsley St.

Ed

PS- Kyle l look forward to meeting you after the new year

Comment

Moved.

Originally posted by Koushinkuma
                  Hey RA which part of NH are you from? I'm originally from Nashua.
                  I lived for almost four years in Manchester, NH, and for over 18 years in Merrimack, NH. I relocated to Ashton, MD, in December 2001 (2 years ago). I currently have three Iai students here. Doing Kyudo, Batto-do, Naginata and Jodo, there is no time left for Kendo here (although I have a choice of four clubs to practice with).

FYI, I was Barry's first Yudansha in Kendo AND Iaido, and his first Iai student to reach Sandan.

Hopefully, I will be in New England for the holidays and possibly dropping in on 29 Dec. for class.
                  Last edited by R A Sosnowski; 12th December 2003, 02:04 PM.

Comment

For the last 2 years I was on Kinsley St. every tuesday night.

Comment

Originally posted by R A Sosnowski
                      I lived for almost four years in Manchester, NH, and for over 18 years in Merrimack, NH. I relocated to Ashton, MD, in December 2001 (2 years ago). I currently have three Iai students here. Doing Kyudo, Batto-do, Naginata and Jodo, there is no time left for Kendo here (although I have a choice of four clubs to practice with).

FYI, I was Barry's first Yudansha in Kendo AND Iaido, and his first Iai student to reach Sandan.

Hopefully, I will be in New England for the holidays and possibly dropping in on 29 Dec. for class.
                      Ray,
                      I'm currently teaching in Concord. If, while you're in the area, you have some time on a monday night, please stop by. We'd love to see you. Let me know and I'll give you directions.

Best regards,
                      Brian

Comment

Hi Brian,

I saw this post while doing a web search and was wondering if you could provide more info on the Concord class and also your contact info. Look forward to hearing from you and thanks.

Regards,

G

Originally posted by Brian Dunham
                        Ray,
                        I'm currently teaching in Concord. If, while you're in the area, you have some time on a monday night, please stop by. We'd love to see you. Let me know and I'll give you directions.

Best regards,
                        Brian

Comment

Working...
                        X