Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dojo Search Leeds aerea

Hi,

My son is going for 5 months to Wakefield (UK) for his internship.
    Does anyone know if there's a Kendo dojo in that aerea.
    Thx for helping out .
    J

I think this one is closest:

http://www.doshinkenyukai-kendo.org.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by ScottUK View Post
      I think this one is closest:

http://www.doshinkenyukai-kendo.org.uk/
      Thx!
      Will have a look into it .
      J.

Comment

The Kendo Clubs of Great Britain Google Map shows all the kendo clubs or, erm, Great Britain. As Scott suggested Halifax may be the nearest but the map will supply directions to and from his base so could be of use.

Comment

Originally posted by dwez View Post
          The Kendo Clubs of Great Britain Google Map shows all the kendo clubs or, erm, Great Britain. As Scott suggested Halifax may be the nearest but the map will supply directions to and from his base so could be of use.
          Hi DWEZ,
          Great link to Google Maps Kendo Clubs TYVM!!

Comment

So Dwez, where are you merging all these into a Global ZNKR Map for kendo, iaido & jodo worldwide?

Comment

So Dwez, where are you merging all these into a Global ZNKR Map for kendo, iaido & jodo worldwide?
              Iaido and jodo are pretty much just Britain, although where it was convenient I have added it to some.

There are a number of problems with the world wide map. Having created all these maps using 'my maps' it limits you to 100 markers in the window. Anything more and it creates extra pages. So you will never be able to see all of the dojos using this process as one map. Secondly I don't know enough about the google maps API to render a database driven map and i'm not entirely sure if I can export the data from my current efforts to import into the database version. Google Groups has some answers but as Groups is 'denied' at work I haven't had chance to research in detail.

Alternatively 'my maps' does have a solution. All of the maps I have created can be accessed here. They can be saved to your own 'my maps' google profile under 'created by others'. In this way every map marker can be generated as you switch the national maps on although you will only see the side bar details of the last national map that was selected. I often switch them all on this way just to see where the Kendo-World is at

Hopefully, in time I'll solve it, meanwhile I'm creating a map here and a map there and eventually they will cover most everything, saving Japan of course and possibly Korea. By then I'll probably need to go back to the start, just like when they paint the Forth Bridge.

Comment

How about Google Earth?

Comment

How about Google Earth?
                  Yep, you can download all the maps as .kml files and import them into Google Earth. Having a look at the code of the .kml indicates it is drawing the data direct from the map, not downloading it into the file. So ideally this will ensure the Kendo-Earth Google Map stays up-to-date, if you download each map as it's generated.

Comment

Working...
                  X