X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dojo Search Searching for a dojo in Tampa

Hello. I am looking for a dojo in the Tampa area. Preferably one close to USF. Thank you for any assistance

Originally posted by NekoMegumi View Post
    Hello. I am looking for a dojo in the Tampa area. Preferably one close to USF. Thank you for any assistance
    As I keep saying, the AUSKF Dojo List is your friend. Looks like there's one at USF but they don't list any contact info. Here's a thread that talked about dojos in that area so hope it helps. Get in touch with Rainmaker as I believe he has direct ties to that group.

Comment

We practice at USF Rec center. Thursday 8~10pm at rm 033(downstairs right next to racquetball court. Saturday 10am~12pm at upstairs. Look forward to see you. Let me know when you want to practice.

Originally posted by NekoMegumi View Post

Comment

Thanks both of you . I plan on beginning once I am finished with my finals in a couple weeks. I will see you then Rainmaker :>

Comment

Rainkaker,
          Do you know anything about the gulfcoast school in brandon? I live in the brandon area and that location would be best for me.

Comment

Sorry, there is nothing in Brandon. We used to practice there but we closed it. Have you practiced Kendo before ?

Originally posted by nate View Post
            Rainkaker,
            Do you know anything about the gulfcoast school in brandon? I live in the brandon area and that location would be best for me.

Comment

unfortunatley no i haven't had the pleasure of studying anywhere yet. i have always had a love for the art of the japanese sword just have never studied.

Comment

Please keep in mind that we don't practice with sword nor even plan to use how. We use bamboo sword.

unfortunatley no i haven't had the pleasure of studying anywhere yet. i have always had a love for the art of the japanese sword just have never studied.

Comment

I know. I am really drawn to kenjutsu and kendo is just one part of what all I want to learn. I am interested not only in the physical conditioning required but the mental and philisophical aspects as well.

Comment

Do you know anything about the USF Kenjutsu club? I found their website and that sounds exactly what I have been searching for

Comment

I don't think they practice at USF anymore. They are not part of our Kendo federation. They are bit different than what we practice though.

Do you know anything about the USF Kenjutsu club? I found their website and that sounds exactly what I have been searching for

Comment

Try these guys, close to Brandon, Florida

www.gulfcoastkendo.com

Kendo and Iaido with a Japanese teacher

Comment

The Gulf Coast Kendo Club is a good group if you live in that area. Bob Souder has done a great job down there with the club.

Comment

Actually, Brandon to Bradenton will take about 45min. Every Monday, they usually have Maeda sensei(7th dan) visit there. They also have the world biggest mengane...

Comment

45 minutes to bradenton would be a bit of a drive for each class. The usf gulf coast group would be easier to get to I think. How much are classes for kendo and iaito

Comment

Working...
                              X