Clear All

Originally posted by still learning View Post

Ignore all other advice from media and medicos;

PASTA AND OLIVE OIL ARE THE ANSWER!!!

sorry for shouting....
    Wasabiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Comment

Swine flu preparedenss report:

We have done nothing, will do nothing and continue our general apathy and malaise towards the fear mongering until such a time as it even remotely appears justified. You have a better chance of contracting the Hunta virus sniffing the mouse turds in your tool shed than this so stop panicking.

Comment

I have had a number of emails warning of the potential for swineflu to be transmitted through tinned solidified processed pork meats.

However, thusfar they have all been spam.

Comment

Interesting thread and one which I think all dojos should take a look at. Unfortunately, our dojo has not taken any precautions for the swine flu and we have not given any kind of instruction to have students stay home when they exhibit signs of the flu. Has anyone else created some sort of protocal to warn parents and students about the swine flu and instructing them to stay home if they suspect they may have the virus?

Comment

Simple answer, stay home if you're sick and potentially communicable.

Comment

There's a thread on this from the Iaido forum that eventually got moved to Flames...

Comment

If it were me, I'd stay home till I have recovered. Not just out of concern for my health. I also wouldn't want to be the prick who starts a mini-epidemic in my dōjō...

Comment

Originally posted by gaarhaar View Post
                  I have had a number of emails warning of the potential for swineflu to be transmitted through tinned solidified processed pork meats.

However, thusfar they have all been spam.
                  LOL. Nice!

Comment

I thought this hysteria was over.

Comment

Originally posted by b8amack View Post
                      I thought this hysteria was over.
                      Hysteria is over, not sure about the swine flu though.

http://www.cdc.gov/H1N1FLU/

Up to date (informed) information here.

Comment

Well, we are a school housed dojo so we had to suspend keiko for around 2 weeks as all schools where closed. Horrible time. I just logged into MSN and all my dojo mates were online with screen names of the "Need... Keiko... bogu... No longer stinks..." variety. Huge overreaction IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by ChaShu View Post
                          With H1N1 concerns in the public, how are your dojos handling it? Are you recommending that students who feel sick or are recently coming from an affected area hold off on coming to keiko? Have any of you sent out any notices?
                          Wear have you been ???
                          please refer to(Flames) training with the threat of Infection
                          and good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Big Doug Evans View Post
                            Wear have you been ???
                            please refer to(Flames) training with the threat of Infection
                            and good luck
                            Psssst... Big D... Over hear...
                            That was posted over a month ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Angel_Of_Music View Post
                              If it were me, I'd stay home till I have recovered. Not just out of concern for my health. I also wouldn't want to be the prick who starts a mini-epidemic in my dōjō...
                              And all this time I thought you were a woman

Our Dojo's preparations have been to assume that our members are not morons and if feeling sick will stay home so as to not infect others.

We have some confidence in the common sense of those we practice with.
                              So far this policy has worked perfectly, not a single case.

In following the news of the virus, it would appear that every death has has one or more pre-existing medical problems in those victim **in our area**.

Healthy Kendoka seem to have a very low risk.
                              Healthy anybody seem to have low risk.

Comment

Aren't we supposed to be freaking out about North Korea now?

Or worrying about how much debris can't be found in the Air France accident?

Isn't some celebrity getting a divorce?

Comment

Working...
                                X