Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• started a topic Mumeishi, is it good?

Mumeishi, is it good?

Hi, I'm looking at Kendo clubs right now, which is BKA registered.
    I am not yet 15, so the choice is very limited, eventhough I live in London, zone 2. (I'm 14 this month, if this helps)
    I've visited Wakaba, watched a lesson and tried a lesson, and quite liked it. But I think they may not exactly teach the basics with the utmost care. Theres also no one there my age, with students either much younger, or much older, so it's a bit awkward for me. (But the club is very friendly and the Senseis are nice)
    I am looking at clubs which teach under 15s, and Mumeishi seems to be a popular one.
    I have heard it is pretty good, but does anyone in this forum go there? Or has been there?
    I would like to know if their teaching is good, and the general things. The question at hand is: Is this dojo a good one to go to? Especially for a beginner?
    It is pretty far from my residence, but, if a dojo is good, traveling is worth the effort, no?
    Also, if anyone can suggest a good under 15s allowed club, which they, or someone they know has visited, please do so.
    Please don't just say Mumeishi or another club is good, but without any proof.
    I really want to join a club which is responsible, and will teach the basics properly. (Since we all know Kendo is based on that)
    Fast replies would be appreciated, as I am contemplating whether I should visit them tomorow.
    Thanks you!

• Budo Angel
    replied
    at least scan whole thread before being nice to someone
    ...hope you boys in the future take back the slanderous accusation of "handbags at dawn" to us girls...nowt wrong with being nice...erm nowt wrong with fart jokes either
    Try this page instead
    Jakob I was about to suggest 'linguistic forensics' for working out sig blox - but seems your Sherlock work is admirable (http://www.ekf-eu.com/general_info.a...er=K&offset=15) moi is impressed. I think though it wasn't believed because of a certain great sensei (Iai fraternity know who...) sharing the same name...

(me I'll stick to flying through the air as angels do )

Leave a comment:

• ScottUK
    replied
    Haha rep for you, Phil!

Leave a comment:

• PhilMcLaughlin
    replied
    note to self

at least scan whole thread before being nice to someone

Hmmmm

Leave a comment:

• PhilMcLaughlin
    replied
    One thing to consider will be travelling time & how to get there

Both clubs are excellent and have top rate sensei

Unless you will be travelling by car (and yes i did see your age) then going to mumeishi
    might present hazards for a young female as it involves tube / bus / walk to get there
    and its not the nicest area so tuesday night wouldnt be an ideal practise

Lots of people attend mumeishi on a sunday in addition to their own clubs so it has a good atmosphere
    Youd need to talk to sensei before doubling up as its courtesy to ask and practically different clubs
    have different teaching methods for beginners and that can cause confusion

On balance id say wakaba is your better bet for now
    and as its been pointed out just because you didnt think you saw something doesnt mean it isnt there

Anyway good luck & let us know how you get on

cheers

phil..

Leave a comment:

• Ishido
    replied
    ah the banter is unrivalled

Leave a comment:

• Paikea
    replied
    Originally posted by JSchmidt View Post
    Not really..he was using his name as he said.
    More fully identified, then. Odd way to introduce oneself...liable to achieve unintended consequences.

Leave a comment:

• JSchmidt
    replied
    Originally posted by ScottUK View Post
    Let's hope his current dojo doesn't mind him criticising other BKA dojo...
    Well, aside from the insults to Gibbo, his comments are interesting and probably valid. He's seen Wakaba go through a fair amount of changes from a perspective that we don't have, so to some extent I can see where he's coming from.

Leave a comment:

• MartialArtsGirl
    replied
    *grabs popcorn*
    Do you have enough to share?

lol

Leave a comment:

• The great I AM
    replied
    I couldn't give two shits about this, or some kid I've pissed off. I know who it is, which surprises a little, but hey, who cares? Until I read this I thought he was a nice kid, but honestly, I've got bigger fish to fry.

Oh, and notice the "gibbo" in my signature, that's the give away.
    Last edited by The great I AM; 10th August 2009, 09:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JSchmidt
    replied
    Originally posted by Paikea View Post
    Ah...outed. Well done.
    Not really..he was using his name as he said.

Leave a comment:

• ScottUK
    replied
    Let's hope his current dojo doesn't mind him criticising other BKA dojo...

Leave a comment:

• Paikea
    replied
    Originally posted by JSchmidt View Post
    Try this page instead
    http://www.ekf-eu.com/general_info.a...er=K&offset=15

James, you aren't really helping
    Ah...outed. Well done.

Leave a comment:

• JSchmidt
    replied
    No, he's being open about who he is and what dojo he attends. You, on the other hand, have turned up, spat your dummy out and now choose to hide behind a keyboard.

Looks like you ain't been around long enough to grade with the BKA, Mr Ishido?
    Try this page instead
    http://www.ekf-eu.com/general_info.a...er=K&offset=15

James, you aren't really helping

Leave a comment:

• custommonkey
    replied
    Ishido, I believe the assumption that you where posting in jest came from the content of you post rather than your name. It's hard to believe a real person could be that crass. I guess you could be just the person to prove us wrong. It seems Wakaba's loss is Mumeishi's gain.

Enjoy yourself in Japan, don't feel you need to rush back.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X