Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dojos near University of Pennsylvania

Hi guys,

I'm here asking on behalf of a friend who's going to UPenn for exchange if theres any dojos nearby.

I tried looking at the AUSKF site, but really.. I dont live in the US so I cant really get a good picture of how far the dojos are.

Would be great is someone could point out wheres the closest dojo as well as the travel distance

* I think he's going to be somewhere near Wharton school.

Thanks all!

Originally posted by Evaleanst View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm here asking on behalf of a friend who's going to UPenn for exchange if theres any dojos nearby.

I tried looking at the AUSKF site, but really.. I dont live in the US so I cant really get a good picture of how far the dojos are.

Would be great is someone could point out wheres the closest dojo as well as the travel distance

* I think he's going to be somewhere near Wharton school.

Thanks all!
    Tan Shin Kai is near Drexel and that would be the closest one. The dojo I go to, Ken Wa Kan, is in West Chester, which is about a 30 to 45 minutes drive and not really accessable by public transportation. Other than those two your next closest ones are much too far away for your friend to get to unless he can get a ride. Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks alot!

Google earth indicated its over 20km away from the uni (in terms of a straight line). I hope that public transport will help deal that the distance.

Does it?

Comment

Thanks alot!

Google earth indicated its over 20km away from the uni (in terms of a straight line).
        Which dojo are you talking about? I'm assuming you're talking about Tan Shin Kai.

I hope that public transport will help deal that the distance.

Does it?
        Um, when does it not help? Arguably if there aren't any stops near the dojo then sure, it wouldn't help too much but in this case, your friend would be in Philly so there's always going to be a way of getting there.

I've never used the busses or trains to get from U Penn to Tan Shin Kai so I have no idea how the commute is. I would suggest your friend come online him/herself so they can directly ask their questions.

Comment

Working...
        X