X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central California?

Are there any Dojo north of Santa Barbara near Santa Maria or San Luis Obispo on the California Central Coast?

Originally posted by Cory
    Are there any Dojo north of Santa Barbara near Santa Maria or San Luis Obispo on the California Central Coast?
    Hi Cory,

As far as I know, there aren't any All U.S. Kendo Federation (AUSKF) dojo between Salinas (southernmost dojo of the Northern California Kendo Federation (NCKF)) and Santa Barbara (northernmost dojo of the Southern California Kendo Federation (SCKF)). There are a couple of kendo dojo in the Fresno area that are part of the Central California Kendo Federation (CCKF).

Comment

Thanks, Dennis.

We've spoken on e-mail before and it looks like I'll be traveling down to Santa Barbara on Thursday night to check it out.

Cory

Comment

I've e-mailed Mr. Timbruk of the Santa Barbara Kendo Dojo, seems I missed an introductory seminar right before Christmas, and I'm all set up to go down and watch a practice.

Would you know what happened to the following AUSKF dojo? Santa Maria is right outside the air force base I'm stationed at and Mr. Yamamoto no longer seems to teach -- I had a few of my fellow captains convinced to begin Kendo with me if I could find a near-by dojo, and this would have been perfect!
        __________________________________________________ ______________
        Santa Maria Kendo Dojo Mr. Isamu Yamamoto
        Minami Comm Center 600 W. Enos St.
        Th 7PM Santa Maria, CA 93454
        I've convinced one of my fellow captains to join me in Santa Barbara... which is at least someone to share the gas cost traveling an hour. I suppose it could be worse -- at least there's one within a reasonable distance!

Comment

Originally posted by Cory
          I've e-mailed Mr. Timbruk of the Santa Barbara Kendo Dojo, seems I missed an introductory seminar right before Christmas, and I'm all set up to go down and watch a practice.

Would you know what happened to the following AUSKF dojo? Santa Maria is right outside the air force base I'm stationed at and Mr. Yamamoto no longer seems to teach -- I had a few of my fellow captains convinced to begin Kendo with me if I could find a near-by dojo, and this would have been perfect!
          Santa Maria Kendo Dojo Mr. Isamu Yamamoto
          Minami Comm Center 600 W. Enos St.
          Th 7PM Santa Maria, CA 93454
          I've convinced one of my fellow captains to join me in Santa Barbara... which is at least someone to share the gas cost traveling an hour. I suppose it could be worse -- at least there's one within a reasonable distance!
          Hi Cory,

Sorry for the late response. I don't know what happened to the dojo in Santa Maria. As far as I know, no one that I know here in the California kendo federations has ever mentioned it. The information you received must be severely outdated.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralutin
            Hi Cory,

Sorry for the late response. I don't know what happened to the dojo in Santa Maria. As far as I know, no one that I know here in the California kendo federations has ever mentioned it. The information you received must be severely outdated.
            Website says it was last updated in 1997 -- kind of old. I'll head to Santa Barbara.

Comment

Working...
            X