X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOJO in Fort Worth, Texas?

Looking for a dojo in Fort Worth, Anyone have any clues?

SWKIF
    Dallas-Fort Worth Kendo & Iaido Kyokai
    Greenhill School Cox Gymnasium
    4141 Spring Valley Rd.
    Addison Texas
    Su 9:15am-12:15pm Iaido & Kendo
    Th 7:15-9:15pm Iaido & Kendo
    Tu 8:00-9:30pm Kendo (1st, 3rd of the month, senior students only)
    David Cooper

... that's a good group of guys at that dojo...

Comment

Originally posted by TheRev
      Looking for a dojo in Fort Worth, Anyone have any clues?
      Now we only offer classes at the location Tango mentioned.
      There were Kendo Club at TCU for their students, but after club core members graduated, they faded out. *sigh*

It is long way drive from FW, but hope you come visit us
      (we have 2-3 members coming from FW area)

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Guys for the help... I have known about Dallas-Fort Worth Kendo & Iaido Kyokai for about two months now. I was hoping for something closer. I must stop by though. Thanks again for your suggestions.

TheRev

Comment

Kendo in Grapevine

Sorry to be so late but I was digging through the archives and found this thread. Grapevine Park & Rec offers Kendo on Wednesdays from 7:30 to 9:30 PM at the Grapevine Community Activity Center. Cost is $20 for a six week session See http://www.ci.grapevine.tx.us under Parks and Rec for more details

Comment

I came across the DFWKIK website while looking for swords online...
            I just got a bokken to get the very basics down and to get used to the weight of it. I'd figure I can swing it around at home before I really commit to it. It looks a lot more fun & interesting than just working out or jogging (while those are great forms of exercise in themselves).
            Looking foward to visiting a class soon!!

Comment

I just got a bokken to get the very basics down and to get used to the weight of it.
              I gotta say that it's pretty darn hard to get the basics down when you don't know what they are. If you've not had any training by a qualified instructor, you will not know how to properly hold and swing a sword. This will lead to ingrained habits that are wrong and will have to be un-learned (quite a bit of time and frustration) when you begin learning an actual sword art. I always advise people that, if they aren't yet ready to join a school, they are better off just doing forearm and wrist exercises and never trying to swing a bokken.

Comment

Working...
              X