X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philadelphia area

Does anyone know what happened to the TAN SHIN KAI training group in Philadelphia? Can't seem to find anything recent and I was hoping to start training. There is nothing here in south jersey.

T

http://www.cecarts.org/classes.html

Might point you at Okutani sensei... I'd give CEC a call and see if he's still teaching and if so if they have contact information.

Comment

You may also want PM David (Shinkenshi on FW Forums) if you can't get a hold of CEC. He might be able to help as he lives in the Philly area.. He is at Ken wa Kan dojo in West Chester (which is a bit more of a drive from NJ) but he may also know whether Okutani sensei is still practicing in Philly and where.

Comment

Hey TICTIK,

I am also from Philadelphia area. I am not sure if Tan Shin Kai still exists or not, but you do have some other options. University of Pennsylvania has a dojo. Their practice times are a little erratic over the summer being a university club so you'll have to contact Yang sensei for times. Ken Wa Kan, where I practice, could be an option, though it might be a little bit farther for you. Princeton kendo could be another option.

Comment

Originally posted by TICTIK View Post
          Does anyone know what happened to the TAN SHIN KAI training group in Philadelphia? Can't seem to find anything recent and I was hoping to start training. There is nothing here in south jersey.

T
          Unfortunately, last I heard they no longer are practicing. As was already mentioned, the UPenn group is your best bet if you're set on something in Philadelphia. Where in south Jersey are you specifically?

Comment

I wanted to thank everyone for the quick responses.

Originally posted by ShinKenshi View Post
            Where in south Jersey are you specifically?
            South around the Vineland Area.

T

Comment

Originally posted by TICTIK View Post
              I wanted to thank everyone for the quick responses.

South around the Vineland Area.

T
              Looks like your closest option is the UPenn group. Anything beyond that means driving for more than an hour. Check the AUSKF Dojo List if you want to check out any other options.

Comment

Working...
              X