X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prince edward island, Canada

I am currently seeking a dojo or a sensei in Prince Edward Island, Canada. Desperatly searching , any and all input is greatly appreciated.

Nothing in PEI as far as I know, Halifax is the closest club.

Comment

I also Should include i have been searching for a dojo or senSei for some time now. I am graded 1st kyu and really wAnt to start my kendo and iaido studies again the closest dojo to my knowlege i can commute too is about 2 hours away. I really want to begin training again without doing so because i have no car. If i can not find a dojo or sensei locally is there any other way i can train? I wAs leaning more towards iaido since i would not requirw training partner. But if there is a legit sensei hiding on P.E.I. somewhere or if anyone knows please let it be known there is a very much so eagerily waiting pupil. On that note anyone who has any sort of feedback at all on what to do in my situation Please help me out im desperate at this point, thank you very much for your time hopefully someone has a solution to my problem

Comment

Gendzwill sensei would know.

Are you two hours from Halifax? If you don't have a car, try to talk some friends (with cars) into going with you once a week and offer to pay their gasoline, perhaps? If you made ikkyu you probably realize that it's very hard if not impossible to learn the JSAs without an instructor. My advice in these situations is always to bottle up your interest until/unless you can act on it, and find something else to pursue in the meantime.

Comment

I am about 3 hours away from halifax at this point i am willing to find a way to commute weekly aslong as i am welcome im your dojo and senseis instruction. Unfortunetley it has been almost 4 years since i have practiced anyform of kendo but i am very determined to start again despite my location i really wish to train long enough to be able to get graded again. I am officially ikk kyu grade but it has been so long that i feel i need to go over basics and practice footwork and strikes to get the movents back to instinct level performance. I also feel the need to relearn all of the kata again. I am also wondering if there is any available in iaido instruction as i am very interested and would like my studies to be more diverse. If you could get back to me soon that would be great. I want to continue my journey with kendo but i most definelty need help getting back to the level i was at. I am also 19 years old and have
          My certificate of my ikk kyu grading i could bring to show

Comment

If you are willing to commute and work hard, you could maybe start your own study group in PEI after a while. It's tough slugging but do-able. That's how the Halifax dojo was started, by a dedicated ikkyu.

Comment

I am currently attending school and do not have a car but i have family in the transport industries and working on a schedule plan with a commuting shuttle. I am dedicated i just kinda gave up the idea of being able to practice for a few yeArs . Recently i feel i need to find a way to stay involved until figuring out where or what im doing with my life , it just seems impractical to throw away the couple years i spent training in regina kendo club

Comment

Hi there
                I recently moved from Halifax to Stellarton NS which is just across the Northumberland from you. If you ever have the opportunity even to make it this far we can have some keiko to be sure or perhaps travel together to Halifax (I go on a fairly regular basis). Also I thought I would let you know we are planning a seminar late in October in Halifax. Hopefully you will be able to attend.

Comment

Working...
                X