X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dojo in nashua area....

My web searching skills suck. If anyone could gimme a hand that would be great. Unfortuantely self teching isn't all that comprehensive... even with a partner...

Originally posted by Paper_Doll
    My web searching skills suck. If anyone could gimme a hand that would be great. Unfortuantely self teching isn't all that comprehensive... even with a partner...

Hi there,

Welome to the forum!

It would be a good idea to tell us your location, to start. We cannot help you if we don't know. So please tell us so we can help, Ok? Nashua doesn't help us much. Where is it? State or country?

Kaoru

Comment

sorry...

Sorry about that.. completely forgot about that sort of thing. I live in the US... In new hampshire. Nashua is the closest city.. along with amherst, milford, and merrimack. Thank you for reminding me. And hello to you too. Thank you for welcoming me.

Comment

Ahhh... That makes it easier! Thanks. And, you're welcome!

There are no dojos listed for New Hampshire on the AUSKF site. Does anyone else know if there is one close(within like, 2 hours or so or less.) to where this person is in another state? I'm not familiar with that state and area.

Kaoru

Comment

Formerly from Merrimack, ...

Originally posted by Kaoru
          Ahhh... That makes it easier! Thanks. And, you're welcome!

There are no dojos listed for New Hampshire on the AUSKF site. Does anyone else know if there is one close(within like, 2 hours or so or less.) to where this person is in another state? I'm not familiar with that state and area.

Kaoru
          Look up my former teacher at Doshikai Kendo & Iaido Dojo.

Dojo is in Acton, MA. It should take you about 1/2 hour to get there. Classes are on Monday nights.

I still drop in for a class when I am in town visiting from MD, and contribute to the newletter.

HTH.

Comment

Thank You

Thank for the info my freind. I'll look into that, it seems very good. Nicely priced(i'm poor), and good location9 i don't have a car). Thank you for your help, i owe you.

Comment

quick question...

Does the Doshikai Dojo teach Kendo or Iaido first? Or both at the same time? A little more info would be great, thanks.

Comment

Does the Doshikai Dojo teach Kendo or Iaido first? Or both at the same time? A little more info would be great, thanks.
                Iaido first. The current schedule is from 6:30-9:30PM. It's a half-hour shorter than when I was there, so I do not know what the current breakdown is.

Classes used to be 2 hours each with a half-hour overlap. This allowed both groups to do Kendo no Kata together (people doing Iaido were expected to do Kendo no Kata even if they were not taking Kendo; I think its a great idea, and I continue this with my own Iaido students).

Check with Barrry for his current schedule.

Comment

Hi!

Go read the locations page in the site that he gave you. That will tell you what you need to know. The Acton dojo teaches both, the one on NH teaches only Iaido and same with the other MA dojo. But, you really need to go read the site, if you haven't already, for the practice times and etc.

Kaoru

Comment

haha, nevermind, Sosnowski-sensei just gave better information than I did! I was posting and didn't see he already posted. I think, now that I read Sosnowski-sensei's reply, that I see I misunderstood your question. Sorry about that!

Kaoru

Comment

So they will teach both in the same day, they just teach iaido first? IS that what you mean? So you can learn kendo if you want to learn kendo and iaido if you want iaido, it just depends on what times you show up?

Comment

So they will teach both in the same day, they just teach iaido first? IS that what you mean? So you can learn kendo if you want to learn kendo and iaido if you want iaido, it just depends on what times you show up?
                        In Acton, both are taught on the same day, Iaido followed by Kendo.

You can do one, or the other, or both.

HTH.

Comment

Working...
                        X