No announcement yet.

Kendo instruction in Roanoke, VA?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dojo Search Kendo instruction in Roanoke, VA?

I have found listings for dojos in the dc richmond eastern shore area, but nothing listed for Roanoke proper. There is a collge club at Virginia Tech, but that is a bit of a distance to travel frequently. So I was hoping that someone might know of a dojo or instructor that is Roanoke city (or close by) located? Thanks

Originally posted by Marwello View Post
    I have found listings for dojos in the dc richmond eastern shore area, but nothing listed for Roanoke proper. There is a collge club at Virginia Tech, but that is a bit of a distance to travel frequently. So I was hoping that someone might know of a dojo or instructor that is Roanoke city (or close by) located? Thanks
    Probably the closest All United States Kendo Federation-affiliated dojo is Koryo Kendo Club in Richmond. The Phoangs are a wonderful husband and wife team, both of whom do very solid Kendo.

Comment

Thank you very much for the info. I wish there was something closer since Richmond is about 3hrs. by car from Roanoke. I need someone to invent a teleporter asap to cut my travel time. lol

Comment

Not sure if you are still in Lexington. But there is a group open to the public in Roanoke, https://www.facebook.com/RoanokeKendo/
        Also my dad and I are in Lexington and we have been doing kendo since 2002, starting with the now defunct Waynesboro YMCA Kendo Club. We don't practice much but if you want to train let me know.

Comment

Working...
        X