Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dojo Search Are there any Dojos near Visalia, CA?

I live between Hanford and Visalia, CA. We do have a Dojo in Hanford. But the class is in the late evening, the area seems not very safe for a woman during that period.
    And the class costs 65 for a month, is this price normal?

Are there any Dojo's or teachers within half hour of either location I can go to to start my training?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Cindy

Nearest to you is Reedley, then Fresno.

http://www.auskf.info/dojo/cckf.htm

$65 is exceptionally high, especially for an area that would not have commercial space rental rates equivalent to Manhattan.

Comment

What dojo are you referring to in Hanford? I don't see it in the AUSKF listings.

Comment

Dojo for Kendo?

Fresno's not that far from you. Less than an hour.

Comment

If you're seeing prices for $65 a month for Kendo, well then, that's not a place you should be going to because it's not teaching Kendo.

Fresno is your place to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott H View Post
            If you're seeing prices for $65 a month for Kendo, well then, that's not a place you should be going to because it's not teaching Kendo.
            Well, as nebosuke notes, Manhattan rents I think have monthly dues up around that for what are definitely legitimate Kendo dojos. But it seems unlikely that would be the case in the central valley.

Comment

I just did a check. The average in the Bay Area is around $35 per month (San Francisco is $45 a month). It's hard to imagine rents in Central Calif. being so much higher than those in SF to warrant a fee of $65.

Comment

Working...
              X