X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beijing Dojo

For those that might be coming here: There is a very dedicated dojo in Beijing - www.kendobeijing.com - that will always welcome new members!

hi hatamen,

i will be in beijing in june for a short time - maybe only a week - for work. however, i am thinking of coming back later in the year or early next year to stay for a while and would like to continue my kendo there. I had a look at the website but my browser couldn't convert all of the characters to chinese, and although i can speak a little chinese, it takes me a while to read! anyway, could you tell me where and when you train and if you will be training in june? I would like to come and visit if i have time.

xie xie ni,

rick

Comment

Rick and all kendoka visiting Beijing,

The Beijing Kendoyukai practice is at the students' gymnasium (daxuesheng tiyuguan) on the north side of the northeastern stretch of the Third Ring Road near Jimen Bridge. Practices are 8-10 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays and 6-8 or 8-10 pm on Saturdays. You would probably be best giving club chairman Geng Yan a call on 13001134771 before going, to check on times and which hall in the complex will be used. Or feel free to contact me on (o) 8532 2823 or (m) 139 1118 9014.

Best wishes,

Mure

Comment

thanks mure. i'm affraid it's looking less likely that i am going to have time on this trip to visit the dojo but will see how things go when i get there.

thanks again,

rick

Comment

Hi there, I'm a student from denmark that is going to China to study for a year, and want to continue my kendo training while studying there, so i have been trying to find the kendo club that is showed by the url above, but doesnt work.. so i would like to ask if there is another page to find where they kendo club in beijing is...

Regrads Nelt

Comment

Nelt,

http://www.kendocn.com/

Last time I was over in China, I used the above site to find a contact for a Dojo in Shenyang.

There is a forum attached to the site. I don't know how good your chinese is please forgive me if I am telling you something you would be able to read for yourself.

But the fifth link on the menu bar (剑道论坛) is the forum, there quite a few people for do speak english on the site as well. (Again sorry if you chinese is very good and you could work it all out for yourself.)

Mure was also very helpful in helping me get in contact with the Sensei of the Shenyang Dojo and gave me some good advice. I hope this helps. I will be over again in October so if you are still practicing in Beijing then hopefully we can meet up and have a fence.

Comment

Thx alot! - nah my chinese aint that good yet, there might have been an misunderstanding, I'm first in China from next summer :P... but sure if u ever will come to beijing when im there i'm up for a fence, tho i must warn u i'm pretty bad.. havnt done any training since i moved to the new City (no kendo clubs here).. ~~ oh one more thing.. this might be a bit offtopic, but i did like to ask, if there is any to buy the equitment in Beijing? since i have only been borrowing the Kendo Club i was in when i trained...
              Last edited by Nelt; 9th September 2008, 02:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nelt View Post
                Thx alot! - nah my chinese aint that good yet, there might have been an misunderstanding, I'm first in China from next summer :P... but sure if u ever will come to beijing when im there i'm up for a fence, tho i must warn u i'm pretty bad.. havnt done any training since i moved to the new City (no kendo clubs here).. ~~ oh one more thing.. this might be a bit offtopic, but i did like to ask, if there is any to buy the equitment in Beijing? since i have only been borrowing the Kendo Club i was in when i trained...
                As others have posted the people at the Beijing kendo club are very hospitable and throw a good practice. You should give Geng or Mure a call if you need directions and an invite to practice with them. A few years back, I actively searched for a retailer in Beijing and could not find one. Mure mentioned that their members tended to buy through the club. From what I figured out, the manufacturers tend to be in southern China and are exclusively back-office.

Comment

back-office? does that mean bad quality or? so its something u dont recommand doing? (buying the gear in beijing / from the club)

Comment

Why not bring your own stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by Nelt View Post
                      back-office? does that mean bad quality or? so its something u dont recommand doing? (buying the gear in beijing / from the club)
                      Not at all. Has nothing to do with the quality of what they sell.
                      It only means they are only interested in wholesale customers that buy by the container. They would sell to e-bogu or Tozando for example but not to us.

I personally, would not have any hesitation buying through the Beijing club or for that matter any other kendo club. I find kendo clubs are quite knowledgeable and do the best they can for their members.

Comment

Originally posted by sirius1906 View Post
                        Why not bring your own stuff?
                        as i have written above, my all my stuff is borrow from my former club (due to economical problems), and i will also be traveling asia before my studies starts in China...

Mark :

Thx alot ^^

Comment

Hey Nelt!
                          If you ever make it as far as Chengdu, come visit me! I can help you with contacting clubs in Beijing if you need that as well. Hope to meet you sometime!

Comment

[QUOTE=Nelt;352573]as i have written above, my all my stuff is borrow from my former club (due to economical problems), and i will also be traveling asia before my studies starts in China...

You should check to see if they have loaner equipment for visitors. I know our club, has a couple of sets we keep for visitors who drop by. We currently have a visitor from Vladivostok who is borrowing a set. If ever in MTL...
                            Last edited by mark; 10th September 2008, 12:34 AM.

Comment

im planning to buy some equitment there, since i have to stay there for a year from 2009 summer to 2010 summer to study..

Eliza, i would love too ^^, if i get the time i would definitly go..

Comment

Working...
                              X