X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kendo in Dallas

I'm going to be in dallas from apr 7th to 11th and was wondering if there were any dojo's that I could stop by and check things out, and possibly do some basics with. I'll be taking along my gi and hakima, but not bogu or shinai (just to much a pain on holidays to lug around.) Thanks.

Mr Fowler,

Welcome to Dallas!
    We practice every Sunday & Thursday, plus 1st & 3rd Tuesday.
    Please check our website
    http://www.dfwkik.org/2003/index.html

I can not promise you but we may have club bogu you can use, so please bring your tenugui (I will check with our equipment manager)

I will PM you my contact #

Looking forward to see ya

Comment

Originally posted by Kirin
      Mr Fowler,

Welcome to Dallas!
      We practice every Sunday & Thursday, plus 1st & 3rd Tuesday.
      Please check our website
      http://www.dfwkik.org/2003/index.html

I can not promise you but we may have club bogu you can use, so please bring your tenugui (I will check with our equipment manager)

I will PM you my contact #

Looking forward to see ya
      Kendo in Dallas?! NO WAY! I was born and raised off Mockingbird and Central and would love to return to practice with the locals. But my main reason for replying...

My first sensei in Irvine, California said one of his relatives practiced in Dallas. Are you familiar with anyone related to Moon-il Kang from UCI club and Monterey Park Dojo?

Comment

Well thanks again for the warm welcome in Dallas.It was nice meeting you all, and I will remember to let Rocky know that you all said hi.

Kirin, don't forget to give our web address to Yamaguchi Sensei, and also on there we have a link to our message board. Your more than welcome to sign up to post anything, or just see what we have for info. I also post all of my trip logs there so you can see what I'm doing and where.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Fowler
          Well thanks again for the warm welcome in Dallas.It was nice meeting you all, and I will remember to let Rocky know that you all said hi.

Kirin, don't forget to give our web address to Yamaguchi Sensei, and also on there we have a link to our message board. Your more than welcome to sign up to post anything, or just see what we have for info. I also post all of my trip logs there so you can see what I'm doing and where.
          Thank you very much for visiting us!!
          I will forward all infos to our sensei.
          Again, you are most welcome to our dojo and hope to see you again....though our jigeiko was little too short
          Best regard to Izumi san... hope he remembers me from 20yrs ago hehehe

Thanks and best wishes to you and your dojo members

Comment

I posted the pictures from when I was down. They are at. http://saskwest.com/dave/pics/dalbarb/dalbarb.htm

Comment

Working...
            X