Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone here from salinas dojo

is any one from salinas dojo if you are please tell me i,ll be joining soon

I'm not from Salinas, but trust me, you are joining a good dojo. Minami Sensei and Onitsuka sensei are world-class kenshi and they run their dojo as well as Nor-cal kyoka renshu. A lot of their youth kenshi have been to and have done well in the US Nationals as well.

Salinas' kendo website is here:

http://www.zenmicrosystems.com/skendo/

Tim

Comment

I live and train in Salinas. Tim is right about Minami and Onitsuka senseis, they are great. Also the head instructor, Eitoku sensei, is a past WKC competitor. Practices are from 7:30 - whenever on monday and thursday nights. Whenever is usually about 9:00 to 9:30 pm. See you there.

Brian

Comment

woah crazy, I'm joining the same dojo probably next week. Crazy timing. Maybe we'll meet aye? ^^; Name's Duck if you ever see me >_>. A friend named Pira'll be joining as well.

Comment

Originally posted by QuacoreZX
          woah crazy, I'm joining the same dojo probably next week. Crazy timing. Maybe we'll meet aye? ^^; Name's Duck if you ever see me >_>. A friend named Pira'll be joining as well.
          Are these your real names?

Comment

as real as I can give over the net >.>. They're what us 2 are refered to as, so I guess they're real ^^;

Comment

I grew up in the Salinas Dojo. If I weren't on the opposite coast I'd be keiko-ing w/ Minami, Onitsuka, and Eitoku senseis every week. On top of being great kenshi, the senseis are great people. They/we are trully one of the powerhouse dojos when it comes down to number of kenshi vs overall success.

Comment

I have absolutely 0 martials arts / physical training whatsoever. I am soooo dead lol.

Comment

Don't worry about it. Just show up. You'll most likely be doing footwork drills for a few weeks until you get a feel for how your feet are supposed to move. It's a very friendly atmosphere. Did I say just show up, because you should just show up.

Brian

Comment

Don't worry, Mike and Yuji will push you more once you start wearing bogu and get more advanced. haha Jimmy is like iron man. Doesn't even look tired even when he's drenched in sweat.

Oh yea, check out the pics section of the website I gave. You can see Mike, Yuji and Jimmy in the early days. 1981!!! I was only 4 yrs old back then!! Hmm.. looks like it is down for the moment.

Tim
                    Last edited by samurai999; 29th April 2004, 04:22 PM. Reason: site is obviously down currently

Comment

Working...
                    X