No announcement yet.

Dojo in Virginia Beach, VA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

have any of you guys heard of ken-shin-kai kendo club? it's also on three-chopt road...
    they did a demonstration @ the richmond convention center during the asian american celebration (if any of u were there...)

Comment

the dojo on three chopt road is where ill be goin probably in october!!!!! i cant wait!

Comment

i think i'll be starting there in about a wk or so...

Comment

Originally posted by DanDan
          have any of you guys heard of ken-shin-kai kendo club? it's also on three-chopt road...
          they did a demonstration @ the richmond convention center during the asian american celebration (if any of u were there...)
          I happened to be one of the people demonstrating that day. The Ken-shin-kai kendo club is actually on near Patterson on Three Chopt while Koryo is near Cox and Three Chopt. Almost on different ends of town. The Sensei at the Ken-shin-kai is very nice and energetic and I know you can learn some good kendo from him. He's come down to W&M to help out a few times. I've never been to Ken-shin-kai so don't really know how the classes are structured, but know that you will learn. Here's their website if you want more info: http://www.aquibow.com/kendo/kendo.html

Comment

Originally posted by Miyu
            I happened to be one of the people demonstrating that day. The Ken-shin-kai kendo club is actually on near Patterson on Three Chopt while Koryo is near Cox and Three Chopt. Almost on different ends of town. The Sensei at the Ken-shin-kai is very nice and energetic and I know you can learn some good kendo from him. He's come down to W&M to help out a few times. I've never been to Ken-shin-kai so don't really know how the classes are structured, but know that you will learn. Here's their website if you want more info: http://www.aquibow.com/kendo/kendo.html
            are they part of the AUSKF? i've looked on the auskf website and the kenshinkai kendo club isnt listed....

Comment

are they part of the AUSKF? i've looked on the auskf website and the kenshinkai kendo club isnt listed....
              No, they're not. Not sure if the Sensei is trying to register with the AUSKF or not. But I'm sure if you ask him, he'd be happy to answer.

Comment

i just took my first class @ the koryo dojo today...it's kinda different from how i practiced kumdo in korea...sometimes i feel lost because i never did some of these things in kumdo

miyu, katanaenvy and sketchy...were you @ practice today? i'm daniel, the guy w/o the koshita (in case you were there...)

Comment

i just took my first class @ the koryo dojo today...it's kinda different from how i practiced kumdo in korea...sometimes i feel lost because i never did some of these things in kumdo

miyu, katanaenvy and sketchy...were you @ practice today? i'm daniel, the guy w/o the koshita (in case you were there...)
                  Sorry, I wasn't at practice on Saturday because I was visiting my future in-laws. I will be at the practice on Wed. There's actually a student from a kumdo school who's in Richmond at the VCU Medical college who started practicing with us. He's also not used to everything we do, but seems to be enjoying himself. I hope to see you on Wed.

Comment

Originally posted by Miyu
                    i think i saw you there! :O
                    i was one of those grls who were doing korean dancing (drum dance?)
                    heh.. were you the woman with a guy when he asked me what i was doing when me and my friend were playing with my knives..? -_-''
                    huhuhuhu... im going to that dojo with my bro (dandan) ...
                    hm.. but i realized when i was there that i was the only girl student... theres more girls right? :|

Comment

Originally posted by YoonGyungSshi
                      i think i saw you there! :O
                      i was one of those grls who were doing korean dancing (drum dance?)
                      heh.. were you the woman with a guy when he asked me what i was doing when me and my friend were playing with my knives..? -_-''
                      I don't remember that part . . . but yeah I was there with my fiance.

huhuhuhu... im going to that dojo with my bro (dandan) ...
                      hm.. but i realized when i was there that i was the only girl student... theres more girls right? :|
                      There are more girls, but not that many. Don't worry because my Sensei's wife practices there and she's really good. She can beat most of the people in the dojo so though there aren't many women, the women we have here are strong. I hope to see you guys there tonight!

Comment

ODU Dojo and dojo in VB

I know that this is a little dated.... I just returned to ODU and for anybody else that finds this thread- you do need to be a student (or at least register through the school) to do Kendo. You have to do Beginner Kendo class first before moving to Intermediate (Instructor permission only).
                        An adjunct teacher is currently teaching the Kendo class- She also teaches a class on Sundays at Granby High School (Norfolk) for a much more affordable price and you don't have to do it through ODU. I just found out about it so don't know how it is yet. Will keep anybody interested posted.

Did that VB dojo ever come around?- I'd be interested in any informal kendo get together with other kendoka in the area. I'm in Chesapeake but can make it to Norfolk or Virginia Beach.

Comment

Norfolk Kendo Club

This dojo near Norfolk, isn't that belong to Dai Nippon Butoku Kai and not AUSKF?

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshito
                            This dojo near Norfolk, isn't that belong to Dai Nippon Butoku Kai and not AUSKF?
                            Yes, is there a problem with that?

Comment

Glad to see some Kendo happening in Norfolk. I travel there for work and would love to practice while there. Hope to see you all the next time I'm in town.

Comment

Originally posted by Hongsermeier
                                Glad to see some Kendo happening in Norfolk. I travel there for work and would love to practice while there. Hope to see you all the next time I'm in town.
                                Hey Hongs, where have you been ? you gonna visit sometime soon ? say hello to the wife also ..

Comment

Working...
                                X