Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member.

Greetings, All!

I was searching on line for information and stumbled across this site. I have trained in Kendo and Muso Shinden Ryu Iaido for the past 2 1/2 years during my time in the military. I have since moved home to Virginia Beach, and I hope to get a club together here. I would appreciate any suggestions anyone could offer towards this, as my sensei has been sent to Okinawa with the military, so aside from e-mail, he's in no position to help me directly. ^_^ Thank you in advance for any help that is offered, and I'm looking forward to participating with this forum.

Yours in Budo,
    John Anderson

I don't think there's anything close to you, but you could try getting hold of the closest clubs to see what can be done. See http://www.kendo-usa.org/statedojolist.htm#VA

Comment

Hey John,

We have a club over at ODU that meets tuesday and sunday nights. I take it through the university but you can join through a community outreach program they do (its cheaper like that anyway).

http://personal.picusnet.com/butoku/ This is the organization we are under if you want to research a bit.

Comment

Oh gosh. If you can get something going, I will probably, most likely, be in. I have been looking for somewhere to learn but trouble is there is nothing around here. There are some things about an hour or two away. But I am certain my dad is not willing to take that drive.

I've heard a little about that ODU class... I wanna learn more.. It seems that is my only way while I live in this area. I hope they allow students under 18.. I saw pictures from a class.. And it looked like there were kids, around my step-brother's age (8), so I assume I'll be able to join. I hope so...

Comment

Working...
        X