Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dojo in Vanocuver, WA

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dojo in Vanocuver, WA

    Does anybody know of a kendo or kenjutsu school in Vancouver, WA. I have searched the internet but the only thing that comes up are schools from Vancouver, BC. Any schools around Battle Ground, Ridgefield, or the like would really be nice. Also, are clubs good for finding schools? I checked out a couple but they didn't really give me alot of imformation on schools and the such.

    Much Thanks,
    Hunter

  • #2
    Originally posted by Hunter
    Does anybody know of a kendo or kenjutsu school in Vancouver, WA. I have searched the internet but the only thing that comes up are schools from Vancouver, BC. Any schools around Battle Ground, Ridgefield, or the like would really be nice. Also, are clubs good for finding schools? I checked out a couple but they didn't really give me alot of imformation on schools and the such.

    Much Thanks,
    Hunter
    Hi,

    The closest kendo dojo to you is the Obukan Kendo Dojo in Portland (Tigard): http://www.obukan.com.

    Otherwise, you may have to drive up north to the Seattle area where there are plenty of kendo dojo: http://www.kendo-pnkf.org

    I hope this helps.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Hunter
      Does anybody know of a kendo or kenjutsu school in Vancouver, WA. I have searched the internet but the only thing that comes up are schools from Vancouver, BC. Any schools around Battle Ground, Ridgefield, or the like would really be nice. Also, are clubs good for finding schools? I checked out a couple but they didn't really give me alot of imformation on schools and the such.

      Much Thanks,
      Hunter
      contact (odorkusmaximuso) pm her ......shes from Seattle Kai kendo

      Comment


      • #4
        Believe it or not, there's a kid that comes all the way from Bellingham to practice at my dojo. i say obukan is closer, so go there. someone in this forum is from Vancouver too and practices at Obukan.

        Comment


        • #5
          There is a weekly session at the Richmond Elementary school (SE Portland, on 41st) that is somewhat easier for the Vancouver people to get to. If you send me an e-mail with your phone number, I can forward it to Matt, who is the guy mentioned below that practices with us at Obukan.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by dorkusxmaximus
            Believe it or not, there's a kid that comes all the way from Bellingham to practice at my dojo. i say obukan is closer, so go there. someone in this forum is from Vancouver too and practices at Obukan.
            Better check your map! Bellingham is 1.5 hours NORTH of Seattle! How can it be closer to Obukan?! He is actually closer to Stevston in Canada. WHile going to WWU in Bellingham and studying Tae Kwon Do, I worked in Point Roberts and went to Steveston a couple of times to watch kendo.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Paikea
              There is a weekly session at the Richmond Elementary school (SE Portland, on 41st) that is somewhat easier for the Vancouver people to get to.
              I'm pretty sure Richmond closes for the summer in a week or two.

              Comment


              • #8
                I didn't say Bellingham was close to Obukan! I said some kid from there practices at my dojo once a week. All I'm saying is that maybe he can drive all the way up to Seattle to practice since there's plenty of dojos up here. Just a suggestion, man.

                Comment


                • #9
                  steveston opens once a week this summer....every mondays starting next week.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Kent Enfield
                    I'm pretty sure Richmond closes for the summer in a week or two.
                    Quite true - it was somewhat further off when I originally posted...I understood there was some hope of renting space from the International school that shares the facility, but that did not pan out and they are done until September now.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by dorkusxmaximus
                      I didn't say Bellingham was close to Obukan! I said some kid from there practices at my dojo once a week. All I'm saying is that maybe he can drive all the way up to Seattle to practice since there's plenty of dojos up here. Just a suggestion, man.
                      If he lives in Vancouver, WA the closest place IS Obukan (now in Beaverton).

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X