X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kendo in South Carolina

Hi there. I'm new to this forum, and have only recently learned about Kendo. I'm looking for a way to train myself mentally and physicaly like I did in Karate years ago as a kid, and have a love for fencing/swords in general. Kendo looks like a perfect marraige of the two I have been to several sites with dojo listings, and all of them show a federation member dojo in Charleston, SC. I intend to drive there for some Q&A with any willing souls and maybe even some lessons if they will allow. However, I was wondering if anyone knows of perhaps a new dojo (sites could be out of date, I'm hoping) or even just a person of some experience willing to sit down and have a talk about Kendo with a curious soul. Any and all help is appreciated. And i guess it would help to mention, I live in Lexington, SC!

Don't know exactly where you are at but also Dojo in Atlanta and Charlotte NC. Also Parker Sensei is now just out side Savanna I believe he's email is jamesparker@coastalnow.net He would be a great one to talk to as well.

Eddie Miller
    www.orlandokendo.com

Comment

Hello SteveC,
      My wife and I live in Florence and have been driving to Charleston every Sunday for the last nine months for Kendo. It's really a great place, with two (sometimes three when Parker Sensei joins) high ranked Sensei. Charlotte may be closer to you though. E-mail me if you have any questions...if I can't help I'll put you in touch with the right people!
      Jamie
      schirippa@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
      X