X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRICE

Does anyone know how much dojos cost monthly because my mom is worried about it being too expensive and that it would distract me from school.

Ours is $35 per month for adults, $25 for juniors under 16. Anything is distracting if you let it become so.

If you're serious it will improve your ability to focus, build your character and enlarge your circle of quality friends.
    Last edited by Paikea; 18th June 2004, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Everyone needs a distraction from school! As long as it continues to develope you mentally and physically. And, hey, what better distraction than kendo?

I remember in So. Cal. I paid about $50 a month. But the real pain (need I say?) is the equipment.

Comment

Not bad.

In Nor cal it's about 25.00/mo. Where I'm living now it's 10.00/mo.

Comment

Originally posted by HolyTriForce
          Does anyone know how much dojos cost monthly because my mom is worried about it being too expensive and that it would distract me from school.
          Hi,

As you can see from the previous posts, monthly dojo fees will vary from dojo to dojo, so your best bet is to ask the dojo you're planning to attend what their fee schedule is. Regional federation yearly dues will also vary from region to region and may depend on your age. All U.S. Kendo Federation (AUSKF) yearly dues are $25/year for persons 17 years old and younger and $40/year for those 18 or over or holding an advanced rank, regardless of age. As someone posted, your biggest expense will be for equipment: $50-$300 for your uniform, $25-$350 for a shinai and $500+ for your armor when you're ready for it. You'll also be paying for competitions and seminars should you decide to participate in those.

FYI, I pay $22/month at my dojo, $26/year to my regional federation, the Southern California Kendo Federation (SCKF) and $40/year to the AUSKF.

I hope this helps.

Comment

about the same

It is about $25 a month for me as well, and definitely worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by HolyTriForce
              Where do you live? If there is no dojo near you, then you cannot attend anyway. Contact the nearest dojo, ask them about all costs and fees.

Comment

Working...
              X